Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are the best. Thanks for being patient with me while I sorted out the driving times.
default_smile.png

50 minutes for Dapper Dan. Total harness time. We did stop and chat with a neighbor for a few minutes.
Totally agree that stopping to chat still counts. Learning to stand is an huge part of driving.
default_smile.png

Wow, when the weather turns nice you guys are out driving every day. I need to learn from your examples!

You can add 50 minutes for Teddy on thursday and 70 minutes for the team yesterday.
I see your driving times are fairly consistent. Do you have a route you use, or a routine? I have a two mile route that I usually take mine, so my times are pretty much the same each time. If I go out of this route, then I'm into 3 or 4 miles, or more. Also, after rains, some of the roads I could go on are impassable. Since my sulky isn't that comfortable, I stick with the 2 mile route.

Half way through the year and we're at roughly 80 hours driving and 25 ground driving for the group. That's over 100 hours of combined driving in the first 6 months!

@Marsha: I do not always drive the same route, but I vary between 2-3 similar ones
default_smile.png
distances are between 2.5 and 5 miles. We started to drive longer distances (5-8 miles) the last few weeks, and even go a little bit faster. But the problem is we have a lot of hills and not much flat routes, so Teddy has to improve his fitness step by step. Sometimes, I ship them to drive outside where we choose flat and easy terrain, so we can do longer drives. That's a lot of fun for the ponies (and for me too
default_smile.png
).

We started our month with 60 minutes team-driving on saturday (common route but slower; we had my 30 yo gelding with us) and 90 minutes sulky driving for Massai on sundays.

30 minutes ground driving Cappy and then 15 minutes of driving with him today.

My husband drove him 15 minutes too, but I didn't count his time in with mine. I thought I should mention that because we share Cappy and sometimes I post on the other thread that we both drive him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back