High Hopes Miniature Horse Auction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah go look up Mexican Rodeo on YouTube if you want a real good cry.
default_no.gif
:No-Sad Please don't let your babies go to the mexican buyers.
default_pray.gif
default_crybaby.gif

I saw big horses no minis. Still looking. OMG OMG OMG Yeah lookup horse slaughter in Mexico!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

while I do not know of these buyers you are talking about. We have guy we know pretty well who lives in Mexico that has a thriving business out of Mexico City where there is a huge market for miniature horses as lawn ornaments and rich kids pets. Like it was a number of years ago here in the US.
default_wink.png

As far as Mexican rodeos, yes they can be pretty durn rough. But I have not seen any mini's in them.
default_aktion033.gif

Further with horses selling into the Mexican killer plants right now for what is called a # 1 for 18 - 22 cents a pound. It does not make ecomnomical sense for them to use them that way. An average mini weighs 250 - 400 pounds. So best price would be 88.00 and out of that you have to take transportation.
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John,

Thank you for clarifying that! I have had Mexican buyers contact me too, and they are very particular about what they want and what they want to pay. But given the price they do want to pay I would not think they are buying them for "eating", or "rodeo" for that matter, since they want them tame and double registered if possible, but at least A registered and of course bred mares if they can get them at the price they are willing to pay.

Beth

Latest posts

Back