Dolly's Due Anyday (I Hope) Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dates won't help
default_new_rofl.gif
All mine have foaled between 310 and 330! So nice of them to not keep me waiting
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

But each mare is different so you never know, even when you've had them for a long time you can't rule out the unexpected.

On the milking issue I also don't milk until many other signs are in place and then if I get very clear liquid I don't bother testing it, I might not even try the next day! I really only use it to get that "foaling in next 24 hours" test so I can be even more on stand by then previous nights. Although not all my girls will let me test so 2 of my 3 foals were tested by just feeling the udder (which almost cost me my head a few times from Lyric's mum
default_new_rofl.gif
)

I love the milk test but I do think it's making some people a bit blind to other signs. I learnt a lot more this year then last when I couldn't rely on it and didn't have the foal alarm on for 2 months (I wanted my sleep!!) so I got very good at reading the udder.
great advice Bree!!!

Shayna I can't believe how similar your mare and Penny are
default_rolleyes.gif
I am the exact same!! thought I had felt movement but nothing exactly sure!!
default_rolleyes.gif

I SOOO hope she is pregnant for you!!!! fingers crossed!!
default_wink.png

great advice Bree!!!

Shayna I can't believe how similar your mare and Penny are
default_rolleyes.gif
I am the exact same!! thought I had felt movement but nothing exactly sure!!
default_rolleyes.gif

I SOOO hope she is pregnant for you!!!! fingers crossed!!
default_wink.png
Thank you Cassie! My fingers are crossed for you too!!!! I'm staying positive and going to say we're both going to have the most gorgous fillies, or colts!
default_aktion033.gif

I am really thankful for this forum and all you ladies! Even if I end up with no foal in the end (not going to happen), I am sticking with you ladies to see all your babies!!!!!

Come on Dolly and Penny! Give us a sign!
default_impatient.jpg
BTW, I love all these little Emoticons!

Good luck with the US if you still decide to have it done. Will your vet do one this close to possible foaling - just asking as I have no experience with USing mares, I just wait for a foal to appear to get the proof that I need! LOL!!

But seriously, I hope you get a positive result to set your mind at rest.
default_yes.gif

Good luck with the US if you still decide to have it done. Will your vet do one this close to possible foaling - just asking as I have no experience with USing mares, I just wait for a foal to appear to get the proof that I need! LOL!!

But seriously, I hope you get a positive result to set your mind at rest.
default_yes.gif
Thank you Anna! They said they would. Hopefully its safe to do so..
unsure.gif

12th Feb

/monthly_02_2012/post-44389-0-50170200-1329158763_thumb.jpg

18th feb pic

There does seem to be some change in the shape.
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to report Dolly is open.
sad.gif

Going to try again after my horse is bred next month and hope for a 2013 baby from both of them. Vet said she is producing quite a bit of fluid from her udders and is not exactly sure why, but no baby.
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif

I'm going to keep following all your girls as we'll be back next year with better news. thank you all again!!!!

no.gif
Sorry to hear she is open. Some of my older mares have fluid in their udders even when they are open, it happens when they have had a few foals.

painthorsekrazy said:
1329593264[/url]' post='1448590']Sad to report Dolly is open.
sad.gif

Going to try again after my horse is bred next month and hope for a 2013 baby from both of them. Vet said she is producing quite a bit of fluid from her udders and is not exactly sure why, but no baby.

I'm going to keep following all your girls as we'll be back next year with better news. thank you all again!!!!
Naw shayna I am so sorry
no.gif
How sad, I can't wait to see her 2013. Baby though!! That is very very exciting!!!
laugh.gif

a mini dream come true said:
1329594613[/url]' post='1448598']AWWWW! I'm sorry, Wish you had gotten better news. Is the vet going to try to figure out why she has the fluid in her udder?
Please make sure you find out why she has fluid from her udder... Does she normally? I have heard some mares do have fluid all the time but dnt know if it's normal for her?

Naw shayna I am so sorry
no.gif
How sad, I can't wait to see her 2013. Baby though!! That is very very exciting!!!
laugh.gif

Please make sure you find out why she has fluid from her udder... Does she normally? I have heard some mares do have fluid all the time but dnt know if it's normal for her?
The vet said seemed pretty normal and there might be more than normal because I've been checking her and she's been between mares? We are going to put her back outside and check her again in a few weeks.

Trying to keep my head up and focus on breeding my big horse next month. As soon as she's confirmed, we'll give Dolly another try! Thanks for all your support! I can't wait to see Penny's baby!!!!
default_smile.png

no.gif
Sorry to hear she is open. Some of my older mares have fluid in their udders even when they are open, it happens when they have had a few foals.
Thank you!!

Sorry to hear she is open. It'll be exciting to plan for a 2013 baby though!
aktion033.gif

Sorry you did not get positive news. I had been looking at the pictures and thinking...nope...but did not want to say anything. Well, you can look forward to next year. Personally I do not plan to do any breeding for next year and will enjoy watching everyone else's little miracles. It can be so stressful. My first was a c-section and baby lost, my second was an experimental surgery on a deformed foal, followed by 3 healthy foalings. I am hoping things go well for Faith and then I am ceasing for a while.
default_smile.png
Again, sorry. I know you were feeling the excitement of a new little one...but it will come in due time.

Sorry you did not get positive news. I had been looking at the pictures and thinking...nope...but did not want to say anything. Well, you can look forward to next year. Personally I do not plan to do any breeding for next year and will enjoy watching everyone else's little miracles. It can be so stressful. My first was a c-section and baby lost, my second was an experimental surgery on a deformed foal, followed by 3 healthy foalings. I am hoping things go well for Faith and then I am ceasing for a while.
default_smile.png
Again, sorry. I know you were feeling the excitement of a new little one...but it will come in due time.
Thank you. I had my doubts for sure, that's why I did the US. Glad I did so I can get some rest!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back