Color Questions on my new Colt...........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphynx~n~minis

Reaction score
Ok Need help, can you tell me what his marking are?

This is my new Colt "Smoking Joe". He is 16 months old.

I am still smiling , I think he is so cute.

smokin_joe_4.jpg

smokin-joe_1.jpg

smokin_joe_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am NOT a colour expert but I can tell you, you have a lovely Tovero. I can see tobiano, I expect his facial markings are from splash and he may carry frame as well. Pretty wildly marked little guy. I'd like one marked just like that
default_smile.png

Theres definitely tobiano in there, but there is something else too. Maybe splash, maybe sabino, maybe frame.

Well, his most obvious pattern is tobiano. He has to have something else to though with that face marking, and my guess would be splash and/or sabino. He definitely is cute.
default_wub.png

WOW
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
What a gorgeous boy!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I agree that he is tobiano, splash and maybe frame. HUBBA HUBBA

I can't tell you what his markings are other than gorgeous. What a striking little guy!! I can't blame you for smiling.
default_wub.png

I agree with others - Esp on the HUBBA HUBBA part!!

Might consider having him tested just to see all that's in there...

Aww.. He is very nicely and I will be smiling too!.. hehe!!

I will test him and see what he got..

I thinking that Tovero, tobiano, splash...

He is very beautiful!!.. Love his marking.. ;)

Agree with all the above -- especially the WOW what a looker! He can come here if he needs another home!!!
default_laugh.png

Thank you all for your help. I traded my Husbands Tennessee Walker for him !
default_smile.png

Of course I had his permission! The Walker just was not working out for him as he wanted a horse to go out alone and explore the trails with. Although she loved the trails she would not go out alone. The people wanted a trail horse to go out with there other horse, and had bought the mini to show and then decided that mini's were not there thing so wanted to get rid of him. When they came to see the Walker they brought the mini.

I didn't want to seem over anxious, so just bit my lip, so they couldn't see my smile.... but kept thinking oh god I hope they take her....... and they did.

Only thing missing is .... a goat ate his tail the night before..... so he has a little stub of a tail.... hey tails grow back.....
default_smile.png
They love the Walker and we love the mini.... so it worked out great for all of us!

.............................And my husband still has his 20 year old QH that he can explore the trails with!

bob3_250x178.jpg

Oh I would love to have him tested ......where do I have that done?

I will let you all know, for sure. Thanks again... kathy

He's Cool!!!
default_wub.png
Can't answer you question about markings, but I'd have him tested..........

I really like him! Please get him tested and let us know the results. I think you should also get him registered as a pinto (www.pinto.org) and come to the New England Pinto shows (www.nepinto.com). We have a lot of fun and are adding a bunch of new mini classes for next year.

Mary

I love the trade you made!
default_aktion033.gif

I also say Tobiano and Splash. He might have the other patterns too.

He for sure has Tobiano. So no need to test him for that (unless you want to see if he's homozygous for that)

There isn't a test for Splash.

And you should test him for frame, especially if you plan to use him from breeding some day.

Oh he is pretty!! What neat makings he has on the face. Tell Neko hi and we have new little chinese crested cousins of his!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back