Cindy foaling topic (and later Luna)(ex-weefoal tests?-topic)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I´ll try to take pictures of her from behind tomorrow, I have been soooo lazy checking how belly looks like for while. Just checking udder twice a day. Tomorrow going to try find ph tests.

She is looking great
default_smile.png
See the wait is finally coming to an end for you..........

cant wait to see what she has been preparing for you, secretly hoping for spots after the safe arrival of course
default_smile.png

FOAL!!

Middle of day, without any more signs, vulva vas tight couple hours before, muscles not droppes, milk yellowish/clear.

P4080006.JPG

P4080007.JPG

P4080008.JPG

P4080009.JPG

P4080010.JPG

P4080011.JPG

P4080012.JPG

Congrats! Beautiful foal (filly or colt?). It looks to be all black, but do you think some spots will emerge under the coat? Either way - congratulations on a good-looking foal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Filly. Both parents are spotted, so maybe she will be too, but I think whatever the color is, she is great. Looks really black, little girl. Everything is going great, Cindy is good mom.

Very cute!! Did she surprise you and foal alone or did you get the privilege to attend the birth? She looks almost as big as mom!! Glad everything went good!!

She did suprise me and foaled alone (well, with my other mare in same paddoc). Two hours before belly was pretty up and wide, vulva tight and mucles not relaxed. Udder was big but not huge. At the morning milk was yellowish, pretty clear, not colostrum-like. But foal is geting good milk now and everything seems to be ok.

Black from hooves to eartips. Everything is black. My first filly, just 3 colts before. Had to check three times that she really is filly..
default_thumbup.gif

FABULOUS!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And I'm not worried about the SPOTS yet. This boy was born the exact same full black, and look what happened......

domino1.jpg

Sometimes they just like to make us crazy and surprise us.

Congratulations!!!! Nice color. I bet she will spot in. The darker true blacks from apps usually do. Or at least from what I have seen. Very cute. Mom looks relieved
default_smile.png

Yep, maybe she will be spotted. Love her, curious and brave. Comes to see people without any hesitation. And I like black too. She is too cute, loves to pe center of attention.

Congratulations! Beautiful filly.

I, too, have seen appy spots develop from a "solid" foal. Never know! Appy breeding is even more fun than paint breeding - since each spring can bring more color from the same horse w/ each shed out... We had a couple of appy's when I was growing up - and a major app breeder just down the road from us.

I have always loved appaloosa breeding because you get a new horse every year without spending any money! Just clip and something new appears for free!!!!!

Shoud she have striped hooves if she is spotted? Hooves are black. Butt/genital area skin is black.

But, she has just liiiitlebit gray hairs around her eyes, none of parents is gray.. and little bit not-so very black hairs on her sides front of her hind legs. maybe there is something to see in few months.

Latest posts

Back