Cindy foaling topic (and later Luna)(ex-weefoal tests?-topic)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilam

Reaction score
so first time I had weefoal tests for my mares. No, someone says 1 line is negtive, many says 1 lina is positive. Can you say how it is? I had 1 line for all my 3 mares with weefoal 38.. So, foals or not? Gonna take vet to see too, but just asking..

Last edited by a moderator:
One line is negative. Google equine diagnostics weefoal 38 and on the right side you'll see "instruction sheet" it's the entire directions

okay. so no for all mares says weefoal. well, it´s been very crappy summer to all, it was very cold, like winter for half of the summer ant then it came very very warm. Many mares not-preg here this year. Maybe next breeding season is better.

Just re-reading this and realized you said wee-foal 38. As Anna says below, I also had heard that the 38 test is not very accurate, and that the 120 test is much better. Here's hoping your mare are pregnant, or that the next breeding season is even better!

Last edited:
I have heard that the weefoal 38 is not that accurate. So I would rely on your vet or, as it is a bit late to think about re-breeding this year, wait and use the weefoal 120 which is likely to give a more accurate reading. Please let us know the results either way.

I've had two mares test negative with weefoal38 and be pregnant.

Wait until you mare is 4 months along then test with weefoal 120. I've never had that test be wrong yet.

Well. Three mares with one line weefoal 38. Vet ultrasound: three pregnant mares. Great, our breeding season just turned from bad to great.

I have felt foal movement from Cindy.

So, now I looked undes her belly when little one was having party inside, I can see the movement! Cindy has 202-243 days now. I just didn´t want to believe (did not want to have false hopes, "maybe it´s just muscle movement or used food or..") what I felt before vet check. Other mare of my has only 79 days now, and my friends mare (the third mare tested) has 179 days.

Ooooo SPOTS!! Diane will be thrilled. LOL!! Many congrats regarding your pregnant girls. Pics of the others please.
default_yes.gif

Congratulations on the news
default_smile.png

Looking forward to watching your mares Progress during their pregnancies
default_smile.png

Yes as Anna said , Pictures would be great
default_smile.png

OH!!!! SPOTS!!!!!! I'm very excited for you (and me, since I love seeing those SPOTS hit the ground safely!!)

Keep us posted, And thank you for sharing those pictures!!

Here is another couple we are waiting foal from. Luna has only liku 80 days no, so very long wait with her. Third mare is my friend´s, chestnut mare with that spotted stallion Avatar.

I´ve got little video of Cindy´s belly today. Kicks, really clear kicks visible. Can not load it here. It makes me think if she is further than 203 days now, kicks are lige reeeally clearly visible!

l+d.jpg

Could someone of yous watch the video clip I had of Cindy, belly-foal kicking. You can see it on facebook page Mireo Miniatures. I write there on finnish, but it´s the only video and is pinned up. There is one guite big kick on start of the clip, and more smaller move at the end.

Cindy is maiden. Can you see tht kind of movement on 7 months thats on video? She may be as well 8 months. She has been in season every now and then during all pregnancy, last time on september and she really would let stallion jump..

I´m happy she after alla is preg, after all I thought she wasn´t. But clearly she is.

I had a look and can definitely see movement towards the end of the clip. Looks as tho we will be seeing plenty of spots in the coming future.

Congratulations on the confirmed pregnancies
default_smile.png

I don't "do" facebook, so I'm sorry to miss out. But wishing the best as we watch these little ones move closer and closer to the exciting finish line!!

209 days, at least, may be even 250 days.

Cindy, maiden. Not so big yet, but some belly. Very active little babyhorse there, lots of kicks today too.

Two foals born on my stable before, both colts. one i bought before foaling, colt too. So maybe it´s filly this time there.

Took couple pics to see later how she is growing.

s209.JPG t209.JPG

That's quite a range.....from 209 days to 250? She certainly has some belly going on -- which looks a bit more than 209 days. Is she starting any udder, or getting loose at the tail head? Or starting to elongate at all? Lots of questions, and trying to gauge where she might be.

I'm taking it you're not sure of her breeding dates?

Latest posts

Back