Changing Papers ..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was wondering how you change the ASPC papers for a registered stallion over to a gelding? He was gelded back in June 05' but they never changed the papers over.

Do i need a gelding slip/vet signature or how do i go about changing him over to be reg. as a gelding?

I need to get this taken care of before our first show.

Thanks

Leeana H.

download the gelding form. The the vet who gelded him has to sign it. Then mail to ASPC along with his papers so they can change them to gelding
default_smile.png

Okay ..here is another question .....

What if you do not know the vet who gelded him?

He was gelded before the girl i bought him from purchased him.

Is there anyway/anything you can do if you cannot contact the vet?

Leeana

[SIZE=14pt]No there isnt. You MUST have a gelding certificate from the vet that performed the operation. You will have to get with the girl you got him from and then have her get in touch with the person she got him from. This is the one from Nicole isnt it? Have Nicole get with the person she bought him from to get the records. He should have had the papers changed right away....thats why keeping the paperwork up to date is so important.[/SIZE]

Lyn

you should never buy a horse with papers that are not current because this is what happens. Leanna I feel bad for you as you cannot show him in any rated shows unless his papers get straightened out. Surely nicole knows who she purchased him from? Cant she just call them and get the name and address of the veternarian who gelded him?

I have talked with the lady who owned him when he was gelded and she gave me the vets home phone number. When i get home im going to contact him and he said this isnt the first time and i will prob. end up running up to his office this weekend or when he is in and get this taken care of. I'm sure it will be simple.

Thanks, i was a bit confused and didnt think she would even email me back.

I dont think it should be a problem from here on out though.

Thanks everyone!

Leeana

Latest posts

Back