Anyone tried the "Ahh Bra" or "Genie Bra"?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Have any of you tried one of these bras? I was sucked in by the infomercial and ordered the Genie Bra, but it takes 4-6wks for delivery. Of course, now that I bought it, I wonder if anyone else has tried it and if so, what they think? As is often the case, the infomercial makes it look really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant say that I have any problems with back fat, or lumpy boobs. Not even now that they are way to big. The only bra problems I have are the wires popping out. If your bra is uncomfortable or digs in in places chances are you are not wearing the right size. The biggest recommendation I would do is get a proper bra fitting. Hated having it done, but man was I way off on my bra guess. I would have never guessed I was a 40C, come along way since my skinny high school days of a 36A. Oh and that was before getting preggo, and I know they are bigger now cause they like to play nice with my bras anymore.

That said I also dont like the uni boob look.

Good luck with it.

Funny you should ask, I just got the AHH BRA from HSN. It was $39.98 with shipping. I just opened the package and they seem to be a cross between a sports bra and a T-shirt.

I tried it on and it is comfortable but really offers no support for the "girls" in the bounce dept.
default_new_multi.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
It doesn't have the uniboob fit either. It is well made and probably for the just hanging around the house days!!
default_new_rofl.gif
I think if you wear two together it will add more in the support dept.

Sorry but I had to add the icons.

I don't know that I have a problem with back fat
default_laugh.png
But I liked the lift the Genie Bra appears to give in the infomercial -- you know how those commercials make anything look like just the thing you have been needing. I normally wear sports bras (uniboob) at home, and under-wire bras when I go out, but those are uncomfortable and the straps slide off my shoulders sometimes. I hoped the Genie bra would be better. Plus, I liked how it almost looks like a camisole under some dresses / tops that are lower cut. We shall see. I have six of them coming.

I hate that I spent $60 on a really "high end bra" and it is already stretched out and the wire is coming out of the side of the bra and pinch and just plain uncomfortable. I washed it according to the directions and it really didn't holdup. I have had it for about two months. So I guess for the money the AH BRA actually seem like a great buy to me. I got two.

I am wearing one right now...and no, you don't get the uni-boob" look, but I wouldn't want to wear it and have to run for the bus either...I would probably put an eye out.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
It is terrifically comfortable, and will be ordering more; but still wear the "proper" wired bras for going out.

Shoot! I was hoping to wear mine out to the office, etc. But, I'm happy to hear they don't give you uni-boob. It didn't look like it would from the commercial but then the commercial seemed to indicate that Genie bra was the answer to every woe
default_biggrin.png

Shoot! I was hoping to wear mine out to the office, etc. But, I'm happy to hear they don't give you uni-boob. It didn't look like it would from the commercial but then the commercial seemed to indicate that Genie bra was the answer to every woe
default_biggrin.png
Well, I think if I wasn't so ummm..."blessed"
default_unsure.png
in that department, I DO think it would be the perfect bra for any and all occasions.

Thanks, Sue! That makes me feel better. I'm excited for them to arrive and wish they weren't going to take so long.

Very timely thread. I recently saw the infomercial. I really need to toss out some worn out bras. My last bra shopping was three years ago and I really stocked up and now they are all really starting to get worn out. Popped an underwire last week. Chihuahua recently chewed the closure off a front hook one. But I hate to shop. And always what you liked before has been discontinued. I was curious about the one you mentioned. After reading the responses I think I will pass and reluctantly go shopping. Stupid 3-way mirrors!

Vickie, I hate to shop, too!!! And when I do, I shop like a man. It's like a race to go in there, get what I came for, and leave. I love to get new things, and sort of like to shop online, but get too frustrated and annoyed when I shop "in person".

I used to love to go clothes shopping. But as I have gotten older (46 yikes) it is a pain. Especially for a bra. I can try on 5 different brands and they all fit differently (like trying on jeans-hate it!). I can return the AH BRA in 30 days if I don't like it. I am just out shipping.

Another thing I thought about, though not really about the original post, but when trying on bras in the store what if an alarm goes off and you are there with the girls hanging out, your freak and run out!
default_xreiter.gif

I have never heard of either of those bras, but in looking at the video the very first thing that came to my mind was "OMG... I would have a heat stroke wearing all that under my shirt!" It looks like too much material covering skin when it's 95 degrees out there!

I am of the opinion that society absolutely needs to change its view of women and totally eliminate bras from the wardrobe! After all, they got rid of hoop skirts and corsets and then girdles, which NO ONE went without during the 40's, 50's and 60's! So why not get rid of bras? Why not make it perfectly acceptable for women to just let them hang, stand perky, or swing to and fro! In the days of wearing girdles, it was "proper" to do so and hide your tummy. Nowadays, no one wears girdles, and fat tummys are all over the place. So, GET RID OF BRAS!

I really, really hate wearing bras! I hate trying to buy them. I hate how they make me hot, and hurt my shoulders or bind my rib cage. I gave up on underwire ones, even though I could use one because the girls are tired and saggy after all the babies they nursed in my younger days. But these days I go for comfort and not looks!

WEEBISCUIT FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I could not have said it any better lol

Oh, I hate not wearing a bra unless I'm sleeping! I may be in the vast minority there, but I prefer to wear a bra at home and for big time sure out in public.

I wish I could go braless at home, pain factor dont allow that anymore. It used to work so I could, but when I went outside one always went on. These days its even one to bed at times.

I haven't tried one, but I just can't do the sports bra looking things. They make me crazy! Now, I'm not under-endowed in the chest department, but a good ol' plain jane bra works wonders for me for barn bras. I did recently get a "posture bra" and I LOVE it! It goes on over a regular bra and is cut out in the front to allow your regular bra to do it's thing. However it comes down to the natural waist and has heavy-duty elastic criss-crossing across your back. It really makes you stand up straight. I seriously feel taller when I wear it and it sure helps the boobie-induced back pain. I found it on ebay and with shipping, it was under $7.

That is the first thing that comes OFF as soon as I get home from work! LOL And unless I'm going somewhere, its off all weekend! LOL

I've seen the Ahhhh Bra infomercials many times and always wanted to try them - the makeovers are hard to resist - but I never have ordered.

Jill, I'll be interested to see your follow-up on this thread when they arrive and you've tried them for a few days. Then I'll know whether to try one or not. LOL

I thought they looked interesting, but not enough support for my girls.

I had a very strange experience at Equine Affaire, the Bra Lady was there fitting bras. Since I have never been fitted and recently lost 85 pounds I decided to get fitted. First thing she did was put little stickers on the ummm end of the girls where they were in the current bra, measured me and gave me one to try on. I have never worn an underwire, considered them torture, but hey, just getting sized, right? Well, put it on, shirt on, and those darn stickers were many inches lower than the ends of the girls were in the new bra, and the underwires were actually very comfortable! Son of a gun! Another thing I like is the bra is thicker so when you go into a colder building you don't "pop" out and show..... Ended up ordering three of them and really like them.

Turns out Bra Lady is a franchise, so google it and see if one is in your area. They do parties and stuff like Mary Kay people do.

Another thing I like is the bra is thicker so when you go into a colder building you don't "pop" out and show.

Ah, one of those things that all women experience at horse shows and no one talks about. lol Let me give you a hint...bandaids. Just criss cross a couple of bandaids and put them over the parts that 'pop out.'. It's a little trick I picked up years ago when riding in a pretty small top in Native Costume and it has served me well over the years.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back