2017 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marsha, that is so pretty. Makes me want to do another one.

We have closing next week on one home and are buying another home in town in a month or so. Our offer was accepted so that is moving along. After that closing, we will get ready to sell our farm, and there is so much to do. I have made time for just a little quilting now and then but have really cut back on "me" time. I have 3 AMHA horses to sell and thinking pet homes would be best as two are older and one is a gelding, so will start advertising them locally in the next few weeks. Will hate to see them go. Seems my mind is running in many different directions...will be glad when the dust settles and we can get back to a normal life.

Love seeing what everyone is working on and/or completed!

Thank you. We have been through moving (and buying and selling homes) many times as hubby was in the Navy 25 years. We moved a lot during those years. Hopefully this will be the last move. But we realize it is time that we simplify things and move into town before we have trouble keeping up.

I finished quilting my lap quilt yesterday. Now I have to sew on the binding. lol, I never keep them, but this one is mine! And the next lap quilt to be quilted will be a present, and then the next will be a wallhanging for me! My quilting seems to be falling in place finally. My machine is working great once again....quilting in all directions!

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to Georgia for closing on selling our home there. But it got postponed for two weeks so we will have to go down again.

Anyway, I started this hat on the drive down and added a button yesterday here at home.

SlouchHat1.jpg

I hear you about moving. We were FAA for 35 years. We've lived in our present location longer than I've ever lived in one place. Upkeep is a challenge, for sure and I doubt I could live here by myself.

I haven't made a craft doll in a few years but got in the mood to make a rabbit. Can't decide whether to leave it "clean" or "Primitive". I've sewn quite a bit so I can do the handwork this evening.

They look like mares to me and some do and some don't. I had fun with the border!

When I look back at some of the quilts I have made, my favorites quilts involve horses
default_yes.gif

We moved a lot, my Dad was in the Air Force and I hated moving.. so many different schools and having to leave friends. I do understand downsizing and moving somewhere there is less work though, since as we get older it's harder and harder to get everything done especially outside, farm work as you know is never ending.

I adore that little quilt! it's perfect. Your hat is cute, the button really sets it off.

Marsha the handmade flower really made the newsletter pop, they look fun to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
No two of these quilt will ever look the same, even with the same fabrics, but I think I really like this ombre fabric in this pattern. It's about 50x64". Just the top is done, will need to put the layers together, quilt and bind it.

2017 - ombre strip quilt - 50x64.jpg

Latest posts

Back