Zoning Info Sought

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
Hi All-

Can anyone help Alison out? If so, please contact her ASAP

Her email address is [email protected]

American Miniature Horse Association

5601 S. I-35W w Alvarado, TX 76058 w Phone: 817-783-5600 ext. 320

I have a quick question for you here - do you know of any resources, groups or individuals who are involved in the zoning discussions on minis? I have a gentleman who is handicapped and has a mini on two acres that he uses as a therapy animal - apparently they are trying to restrict him from keeping the horse on his land. This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I believe I have read your name in conjunction with some similar cases. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Alison Elrod

Marketing Manager

American Miniature Horse Association

www.amha.org

I have heard in some cities in Ontario, they are considered Pets, not livestock?

Remember the Pot belly pigs?

Not sure if that will work?

default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about each city but the best bet may be to classify the horse as a service/companion animal. it might take a little or alot of work. Statements from therapist and Drs. might be a start. With 2 acres it would seem like space was not a issue. Make sure all the bases are covered ie: manure disposal, feed storage, fly control, stalling and exercise. It is far easier to work with the authorities than it is to fight them. a well prepared case might get an exemption even if it is a trial basis.

Good Luck

mark

Latest posts

Back