Youth Pleasure Driving Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANA

Reaction score
Well in September 2008 we showed a number of our miniature horses at Brome Fair. Anyway the miniature horses have to go against the light horses(arabians, morgans, saddlebreds, etc) and not the ponies at this fair. One of the classes was Youth Pleasure Driving Horse. There were 3 entries in the class, a morgan, a arabian and one of our miniatures, Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy, who did us proud. She had a filly back in the barn but went like a trooper for her 11 year old driver, Claudia. Enclosed are pictures of their class. They placed second, beating the arabian. These were taken by Franksteel Photography and I have bought the copyright to them.

IMG_7149.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

There is nothing I like seeing better than a kid with a horse! She looks very confidant and well deserving of her ribbon. Congratulations!!!

Thanks, she had never driven much before driving our Dandy girl. My husband trained the mare himself and built his own cart, was the first one he built and it has a few flaws. He has built others since with much better results but sold them. The cart was made for a smaller mini, my stallion, Cody that I lost. He was 32.5". Dandy is 36.5". We plan to find tires that are a bit bigger for the cart to make it more balanced for this size mini. He is planning to build me a few more carts for different size minis as I hope to have my 2 stallions trained to drive and one mare this summer.
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back