AMHR Foundation division

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad you posted Lewella! I was hoping you would.

Actually the group that broke off and formed their own registry had nothing to do with the formation of the Foundation division. I know personally the people who wrote the original Foundation proposal, I know who was on the Classic committee who had to sign off on it, and none of them are SPSNA people.
When I chatted with someone on the phone that started Foundation that is what they told me but maybe I confused it?

In just a little quick research I have no problem finding ASPC/AMHR horses that have a full three and some even 4 generations that are completely AMHR registered. In fact, I have less problem finding them than I do finding AMHR horses that don't have an "unknown" or AMHA horse in the first 3 generations. Of course it might be just because I know which ASPC/AMHR lines to look for to find the 3 and 4 generation AMHR pedigrees and may not know the AMHR only ones to look at. That said, I've typed a whole lot of sale catalogs over the years and very rarely had to type out a complete 3 generation pedigree for catalog inclusion on AMHR only horses.
That is pretty much what I figured.

I was surprised when I looked at the papers of one of my BOB grandsons--do you all realize that BOB's dam was a full Shetland?? That is something I learned today!
I think many look at mini pedigrees and do not "see" the Shetland since many are not familiar with Shetland lines.

The problem with these threads is they are all over the place.

Some want a true foundation division and some just want a division to exclude Shetlands. Two totally different things.

Back