Youth classes and showing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Heart

Reaction score
I have a youth under 10 showing in AMHR, a yearling Appy filly.

Do youths need to show only in youth classes?

Can they also show in Amateur Halter Mare or Model mare or open????

Now the filly is an appy with spots on her butt, Does she go in the solid or the multi color class?

I am so confused at this point on Youths!!!
default_unsure.png
:

Please point me in the right direction!!! :lol:

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

Good luck on showing!!! Its a lot of fun and is very rewarding! The first thing I'd do is read over the AMHR rule book. Its also a great idea to go and just watch a show and ask LOTS of questions!! That way when you actually start to show, you have a pretty good idea of what to expect!

Youth can show in youth classes or open classes. They cannot show in Amateur classes. If your horse has visible appy spots on her butt, then you you will need to enter multi-color. Multi-color classes are designed for pintos and appys only.

I'm a little rusty on the rules but lets see if i can remember

Amateurs are 18 or over but she couls take the mare in open model if she wanted to. and she would go in the multi color class.

hope i was a help

-vanessa

She can't go in the Amateur classes, handler has to be 18.

I believe that Model the horse has to be 3 yrs and older.

Sounds like multi-color too me.

My daughter is 9 and she does mostly youth classes and then color. Your youth could go in the Jr. Horse with her.

Good luck

Thanks..Yes.. I have shown before
default_yes.gif
: just not to savy on the youths as what they can do!!
default_sad.png

Will for sure get her in the multi color class. and the Youth Halter mare. Does the mare need to be over 3 in Halter mare also??? If I sound confused, yes I am
default_wacko.png
:

Here is my list that I think she can show in.

Youth Halter mare

Yearling Mare

Multi Color Class

Thats the only 3 classes then that I can see her showing in. Please correct me if I am wrong

Joyce

I have never seen local shows break up youth mares and geldings into age breaks so yes she could go into youth halter with a Jr mare... it is only at Nationals (that I have seen anyway) they break them up into ages (Jr, Sr)

Raven shows in open classes all the time she loves it and really it is such a good way for them to learn.

I have never seen local shows break up youth mares and geldings into age breaks so yes she could go into youth halter with a Jr mare... it is only at Nationals (that I have seen anyway) they break them up into ages (Jr, Sr)

Raven shows in open classes all the time she loves it and really it is such a good way for them to learn.

Thanks

Joyce :saludando:

she could also show in youth showmanship but usually i advise that kids not do this at their first show as there is a lot to remember in showmanship. good luck!

Kay,

Showmanship even gets the best of me although I haven't done to bad in the past but its all that long standing and waiting in some of them big classes. Her or the horse would never ever be able to do it at this time. :lol:

Its their first show. Green Kid with green yearling filly and its going to be fun to watch them both out there. I am sure its going to be one heck of a roller coaster ride for both!!! :lol: I am sure my face will be hurting from smiling so much!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks

Joyce

Latest posts

Back