Your Pets and Christmas Presents

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Give Your Pets Christmas Presents?

• Yes, we give our pets Christmas gifts.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we do not give our pets Christmas gifts.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Do you give your pets Christmas presents? And if so, do you wrap them?[/SIZE]

Feel free to elaborate as to what "Santa" is bringing your fur kids. I'm pretty sure they do not know how to read!!!

dog2.gif
fireplace1.gif
dog2.gif

[SIZE=12pt]PS Shoot... I forgot to give the option of "We give our pets gifts, but we do not wrap them".[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
the horses all get lil bags of treats wrapped in their stockings on the stall doors, and the dogs usually get rawhides, dog cookies, they get new beds and the toy poodle gets her new sweater, all are wrapped and under the tree,

the poodle and my boxer/dal x open their own but this is the doodles first christmas so we shall see,

merry christmas

Yes we give our pets Christmas presents, My mom always had a box of treats in a stocking for our dog or cat whatever we had at the time. The gifts were never wrapped though except once a few years back when they got Daisy a dog bed. Last year my mom got my dog some toys and her dog and my brother and sister-in-law's dog treats (unwrapped), and i got all the dogs a gift that were wrapped up.

This year I'm on a tighter budget, I got my dog a new bed because he needed one anyways. I also got him a few treats that will be in his stocking. I got our bunny some treats, and i got the other dogs in the family some fancy treats. They are all wrapped, I'm sure how the bunny will do with opening hers, she might require some help
default_wink.png

I don't think i have a reason for wrapping them, I just did it with out even thinking about it because it's a gift and gifts need to wrapped.

Yup, every one of them gets a Christmas gift! They all have their own stockings too!
default_wub.png
The dogs get toys, the cats get catnip toys, and the horses get SPOILED!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Of course the dogs insist on helping the people unwrap their own presents as well.

We make homemade gingerbread dog cookies, but we quickly found years ago when I was young that the goats and horses love them too, so Christmas morning we hand out cookies to all of the critters outside.

The dogs get their own wrapped gifts, usually a toy or rawhide or something extra special to chew on that they don't usually get. My sister's dog Annie knows when the goodies are wrapped and will sit staring at them under the tree (or usually up high next to the tree). My previous TFT Tucker, loved to rip open his presents. This will be Teo's first time!

Jill- you didn't tell us what you do!

Angel gets alot of presents every year for her birthday and christmas. Her gifts are all sitting under the tree...and she is waiting impatiently for Christmas eve to open them up. This year for x-mas Santa is bringing her stuffed animals (she LOVES small ones), treats, differant types of nylabones, and a basket of homemade dog treats. She also exchanges "doggie" gifts with a few of her favorite dog friends, especially Cody, another black lab. Everything gets wrapped. Angel also gets cards from her "friends". She is our furbaby, for sure!

Of course they get gifts and they are wrapped. I just have the dogs now, but they both get wrapped gifts every year. They usually enjoy ripping up the wrapping paper more than the actual toy. It's the one and only time they are allowed to rip things up..lol...They usually get an assortment of rawhides, treats, stuffed animals, balls...the usual. Also my MIL and SIL's send the dogs presents as well (they live in another state) and they are wrapped.

When I had the other animals (goats, minis) I would buy them special treats for Christmas, not wrapped though.

I get Squiggles gifts all the time but have bought special things for Christmas....but there is no way I can wrap them since we are going through training sessions about not tearing up paper. He loves paper and will pull the toliet paper from the bathroom all the way through the house. I would love to give his a roll for Christmas but that sure wouldn't help his training.

Anyone else have "paper" lovers...oh plastic too....he's found two of my credit cards...and they don't work too well after the edge is chewed.

Jill- you didn't tell us what you do!
Yes, all our pets get Christmas presents. We wrap toys and treats for the dogs. Some of them like stuffed animals, and some only really like edible or chewable treats. The horses and goats get special treats, too, including their annual Christmas twinkie
default_biggrin.png

I get Squiggles gifts all the time but have bought special things for Christmas....but there is no way I can wrap them since we are going through training sessions about not tearing up paper. He loves paper and will pull the toliet paper from the bathroom all the way through the house. I would love to give his a roll for Christmas but that sure wouldn't help his training.
Anyone else have "paper" lovers...oh plastic too....he's found two of my credit cards...and they don't work too well after the edge is chewed.
It must be a shih tzu thing! Winston loved to shred paper and napkins. He would shake it all around and I'd let him have some once in awhile (I said he was doing his paperwork). Watson also likes to shred napkins we found out the other night but he's too young for us to indulge the behavior on a limited basis yet
default_laugh.png

Feel free to elaborate as to what "Santa" is bringing your fur kids. I'm pretty sure they do not know how to read!!![/font][/size][/color]
Don't kid yourself!!
default_laugh.png
This is a TRUE story!

Several years ago and the first year I decided to wrap gifts for our dogs for Christmas, I had quite an experience. We had the tree up for some time already, complete with gifts under it. The dogs never bothered it, but their gifts were not yet bought. After I bought theirs, I wrapped them (They were toys, not treats) and placed them under the tree. I labled each one of course, with the dog's name that the gift was going to. We had gone out somewhere, and when we returned, "Rosie", our Whippet was laying on the couch, playing with her now unwrapped Christmas gift!
default_new_shocked.gif
NONE of the other gifts were even touched! I know she did not read it, but how uncanny that she picked HER gift out of all of those under the tree, especially after the many years of never bothering the tree or gifts under it!! Telepathy, I am sure! I am convinced that she KNEW what she got and which was hers, by reading my mind! Either that, or a real STRONG coincidence!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
She never bothered the gifts again, and always waited until Christmas morning to "unwrap" her gifts! I sure miss my girl.
default_wub.png

LOL Teresa...I had to laugh when I read this one!! Again, this is a "Rosie" story! She was TERRIBLE for ripping toilet paper! She never bothered/chewed on anything else when she was left uncrated while we were gone, but she always would go into the bathroom. There is a 3 tier shelving unit there, and on the bottom shelf closest to the floor, is where I store the rolls of toilet paper. We would come home, and it didn;t matter if I had 4 rolls, or 20 on that shelf, EVERY one would be chewed to some extent! I would curse her and tell my husband that it wouldn;t be so bad if she would just take one or two and chew them to shreds, but no, she would have to chew some on each and every roll! She was such a funny lille dog with soooo many quirks, but oh how I loved her!
default_wub.png

Yes, my dog(s) get christmas presents for sure...and yes i wrap them..where would be the fun if i didnt wrap them?? That is her favorite part! Although, if you ask Sassy...everytime mommy comes home from the store its christmas
default_smile.png
. Last year, i even put up her own little tree (one of those 3ft tree's) and put her presents under it, she knew they were hers. I am always there when they "open" them, so i do not worry about them eating any of the paper or anything, i help of course. I purchased Pedi Paws, some toys, a few treats for my dog(s)...i say dog(s) because right now, Sassy is my only dog here...BUT she is getting her OWN dog for christmas (and well, me too!!). I actually took Sassy to petco and let her pick out her christmas presents, its the thought that counts
default_laugh.png

This is sassy christmas present / "mine" too
default_smile.png

She is getting her "present" a bit early, as he comes home tommarow morning
default_smile.png

BBBUSUETHISSPLIT.jpg

Oh YES, my dogs get presents. If they need new beds they get new ones. They also get gifts, stuffed animals, toy's wrapped. Plus, they have stockings. They LOVE Christmas morning. Everyone comes into the living room and gets to tear open presents get their picture taken, get treats, of course my Shar Pei thinks ALL the toy's belong to her so she'll go around and steal everyones toys and have a big pile sitting by her and won't let none of the other dogs near her. Then she'll rush out grab another toy laying down and come back and ad to her pile. Then she'll just sit there and watch it and growl. SOOOO we have to pick up all the toys and HER and move them all to the kitchen and give each one toy at a time. She rips hers up in about 30 sec's.

Here's a pic of her. She's "Princess" of the house.

th_Princessofthehouse1yearold.jpg

Yikes... looks like I am one of the minority here.

I don't give gifts to my family pets,, be it the cats or horses. They do however.. always get what they need...and I if I find a cute toy I think they will like.. I will get it.

Of course we give our dogs Christmas gifts. We put them in Gift bags and they get treats and toys. Our barn cats get special cat food that day.

Well it would just not be Christmas here if the pups and critters did'nt get their Christmas toys and treats!
default_laugh.png

As a matter of fact hubby and I just came from Christmas shopping for them. They get all kinds of treats, goodies and toys and since my Boxer "Tweety" does not "do toys" she gets munchies. Lakota LOVES toys...I mean LOVES them! This year she's getting a HUGE Kong cone. She's got the medium one she totes everywhere she goes, she takes it outside with her too and would take it with her when we go on the road if left to her own devices. We looked at other toys but knew since she's such a powerful chewer they would be destroyed in a blink of an eye. We don't wrap them tho..... I don't want them to get into the habit of being able to tear things up. When we got home, they just knew that whatever was in the bag was for them and they went nuts...so hubby had to quick hide the bag and put it away. It will come out on Christmas Eve, which is when they get to open their treats and play with their toys.

Larry (cat) gets treats and occasionally a toy or two, but he enjoys playing with silly things. I've realized I can spend $$ on a toy and he won't play with it...however I hang a stupid sock or something from a leather string on the door knob and he goes haywire with it! Go figure....
default_wacko.png

The horses get carrots and apples and Teddy Grahams which they love.

Well our 7 lb. maltese passed away 2 years ago Christmas eve and it was always a tradition when he was with us for those 9 years that he would get 10 nuggets from McDonalds to wolf down and loved each one and we were always impressed watching him polish them off..so with having Mona now for the past 2 Christmas's we do the same with her only she isn't as entertaining gobbling them up as he was..she does have most everything she could need or want so there isn't a whole lot to give really this time of year that would impress her from a regular day..

Yep they get wrapped gifts. I love watching them open them. Family buys gifts for nieces &/or nephews and brothers&/or sisters (dogs) and buy gifts for grandson (dog). Shoot they're family and family members get gifts. The horses get treats.....I love going to the barn on Christmas morning and wishing them a Merry Christmas while I give them their special goodies.

Speaking of shredding paper. I have allergies and have been known to tuck a kleenex under my pillow at night. I don't know exactly when he found the first one under there, but there is never a morning that my pillow isn't eventually pushed onto the floor because a fuzzy little critter was looking for a surprise.

Both dogs and both cats have their very own stockings. Santa Paws fills them with toys, treats, catnip, new collars, collar bling etc. Christmas morning, hubby and I gather with the animals, and a coffee with Bailey's
default_laugh.png
, and hand out the stockings to each one who gets to nose around in their stocking and pull out each surprise.

I can't put any wrapped gifts under the tree at all until Christmas morning. My Bengal cat, Jazzmin, will chew off the ribbons and proceed to tear the wrapping off as many as she can, that leaves a lot of torn paper for the dogs to shred and strew around the house.

Don't get me started on rolls of toilet paper. :arg!

I'm one of the minority too; no gifts, wrapped or otherwise, for our pets. The dogs are outdoor dogs; they get a treat in the form of canned dog food for Christmas dinner--as far as they are concerned that's the best Christmas gift going! The horses all get extra treats. The cats....there are so many of them and they're all so spoiled anyway, there's nothing they "need" for Christmas!

We don't exchange Christmas gifts amongst ourselves and so don't buy for the 'little people' either.

Those of the cats that like people food will get their share of the Christmas turkey.

Latest posts

Back