You just want to SQUEEZE them...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
When they don't foal "on time".

Mare has had a full udder, PH has dropped to 6.0 for the last two day, rump is soft, vulva is floppy and she STILL won't give it up! I've watched her every night now since her ph has dropped to 6.4- and that was LAST TUESDAY! C'mon, Skye- I wanna SLEEP!

She's just making sure your new arrival is as perfect as possible!

Just remember, the foal decides the day it's born but the mare decides the hour!

Once you finally cave and give up saying "maybe tomorrow" she'll spit that kid out. A very amusing piece appeared in "The Brayer" this month entitled "The Mare and Jennet Code of Honor" that dealt with just what you are experiencing. I snapped a pic of the text and attached it. If you cant read it pm me and ill scan it and send you a pdf. It is so true.20140519_211425.jpg

Sweet talk that baby into being born! I'm sure she's as tired of waiting as you are LOL
default_smile.png

Oh, yes, she played ALL those rules! The one that got me was "lie down, look at your side and push a few times..." I jumped up so fast, had my coat on, ready to run out the door.... nope, just practicing.

She DID foal last night! yay!!

I was gonna post I know how you feel til I got to the end. LOL. Congrats. *waits on my mare*

I got lucky!! Went in to watch her on the camera- she was very quiet. She laid down, again quite peaceful. Rolled on her side and her water broke! All at 8:30 pm!!!

Great!
default_smile.png
Lucky you! I'm *still* watching my mare AHHHHH!!!!
default_impatient.jpg

Latest posts

Back