You guys are the best!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
As usual, the mini horse people have come thru with suggestions. One of my horses, Spot, has had an ongoing foot issue since he cut his foot several years ago. My farrier said I should use some clean trax for his foot to see if there was some improvement. So, here I am, learning by experience (as always) and I had no idea of what to use to soak his foot. Naturally, I didn't even contemplate asking him to keep his foot in a bucket for an hour (even I know better than that). So I made a post on here asking for ideas. Well, one of the ideas was an IV bag. As luck would have it, one of my neighbors works at the local hospital. I made a phone call and the next day I had two brand new IV bags. So I waited until today to soak his foot. We are not supposed to have any rain for a couple of days so this is a perfect time. I put the bag on his foot, filled her up, taped it on and stood out there for an hour while he ate grass on a lead. He thought it was pretty odd to have a bag taped to his foot, but he is really used to me fiddling with it (as I clean it every dang day). Bag stayed on, didn't tear, and all is well. I would have NEVER thought to use an IV bag but it sure did the trick.

Thank everyone for their suggestions. As always, you always come thru in the clutch.

That's neat! I hope your boy gets better soon.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back