You Can Always Find ____________ In My Fridge

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Maybe it's time for a fun thread?

What can you ALWAYS find in your fridge? The good, the bad, and the ugly?

In my fridge, you can always find:

• Milk
  • Eggs
  • Cheese
  • Lunch meat
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Chicken Breast
  • "Cool Whip" or "Smart Balance" container that contains ???? (something destined to be pitched but not re-opened -- my "ugly")
  • Sugar free pudding
  • Jelly / Jam, Katsup, Pickles, Relish, HBBQ Sauce, Asian cooking sauces
  • Homemade Dog Food
  • This time of year -- white grapes!

What about your Fridges?

Well, I can just pretty much copy paste your list, except for the yogurt and dog food, then add sun tea and Shayne's Shasta Cola.

Beer

Diet coke

Cheese

Orange juice

Rockstar

Condiments (always 4-5 different hot sauces)

Ranch dressing

Sour cream

Homemade jerky (usually venison)

Eggs

Our fridge is always half to 3/4 full of fresh fruit and veggies since we had our daughter. We keep all our meats in the freezer. The other 1/2 the fridge is mostly taken up by condiments, sauces and dressings as well as ALWAYS cola and usually a couple of beer. Also always have cheese and yogurt since our kids won't drink milk. Before we had out daughter our fridge was usually half empty and the other half was condiments and juice LOL

And ditto Jill on the leftover science experiements in the back of the fridge waiting for garnage day to roll around!

-EGGS! I have 13 free ranging chickens (1 rooster, 3 are pullets), so we always have eggs the amount varies according to how many are laying and if we've passed them on to relatives or friends.

-milk

-Veganaise & normal condiments, etc (ketchup/mustard/relish), salad dressings, butter or coconut oil spread (forget the name of it now), lemon juice, chicken bullion base in a jar.

-fresh fruit and veggies varies according to the season, but always have lettuce for salads.

-cheese

-Gluten-Free rice wraps or GF bread for me

-regular wraps or bread

-Sunbutter (sunflower seed butter), Peanut Butter and jelly

-Usually stuff for the critters right now probiotic powder for the dog, follow up West Nile Vaccine for Applause (horse), and cream mixture from the vet for treating skin condition for horses, was getting too soft in the summer heat.

We have two fridges, one in the big barn and one in the house:

The one in the barn has in order of importance:

Beer,

sodas, water,

vacinnes, horse supplies that I don't want in the heat.

In the house:

eggs, we also have chickens,

condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, mayo, worstishire, etc.

home made jelly & jams that have been opened

lots of real butter, I don't eat margerine

left overs, believe it or not, I sometimes make a roasted chicken or roast beef and use it for two or three meals,

milk, orange juice

assorted veggies & fruits,

I'm sure I'll think of something else once I hit post!

The usual...eggs, milk, bread, orange juice....and just recently flour. Ok...I know...took me this long, but I found out that I can refrigerate my flour and it doesn't get stale and "buggie" with them naughty little bowl weevils (sp?).

LOL

Vodka

Soda/Gatorade

Cheese (I spend at least $40 per grocery visit)

That was my main diet as a "bachelorette". Now that I am not single I actually have a stocked refrigerator and grocery shop at least once a week. I am 100% anti-condiment (they are ALL disgusting) now, I have a fridge door full. LOL

Either I will lighten the mood or disgust someone, we also have a fridge up in the garage, I use it for varmits that I shoot when they get in either the hen house the barn or after my dogs. Then I send them off to be tested. Not that I like it, but it is a necessary evil for me down here in the boonies. My kids think it is disgusting! Seriously I haven't had to add to it in a couple of years, the last occupent was a possum that was after my dog in the front yard, and it was clean, but the year before there was a racoon, that was was positive for rabies. Sorry, don't been to bum you guys out, just saying, down here in the boonies I have to be cautious! Always have acces to my 22.

Don't mess with Granny and her animals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Arizona diet Green Tea

Condiments

boiled chicken for my dogs

big carrots for the dogs

baby carrots for the horses

Fruit and veggies...............love cherries and corn on the cob right now!

eggs

milk

mint oreo cookies

always left overs of some kind as I enjoy cooking

and batteries

I want LAMiniatures mint oreo cookies. Yum!!! Our fridge has eggs overflowing with 30 free ranging laying hens (always giving eggs to friends), orange juice, greek yogurt, Cabot (locally produced0 cheese, Cabot butter (not margarine), locally produced raw milk, assorted left overs and batches of dog food and homemade horse treats and veggies and melons.

What I wish was in my refrigerator/freezer is ice cream, cookies, cakes and pastries (does that count?)

Now I'm hungry.

Unsweetened Ice Tea

Bacon

Pickles

Olives

Cheese

Eggs (have chickens)

Mayo/Mustard

Salad Dressing

Salad Fixings

Lunch Meat

Ocassional Left over--probably ready for the trash can.

Right now fridge is full of fresh veggies from the farmer's market that I go to every weekend. One shelf is holding a watermelon that is cut in half--love orange/yellow meated mellons.

Soy Milk

Tofu

Lettuce

Orange Juice

Cheese

Wine/beer

Veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, celery, carrots)

Fruit

Curry

Salad Dressing

Eggs

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Ready to bake pie crusts since I never got around to cooking the pies last Thanksgiving...freshness date is 23 Oct 11 . ugh-oh

Always a 48 oz minced garlic container and a 24 oz shredded parmesan cheese container.
default_eat.gif

Fresh Fruit - apples, grapes, cherries

Fresh Veggies - broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, carrots, asparagus, salad, green onions

Fresh spices - ginger, cilantro, rosemary

Fresh salsa

Fat free salad dressings

Zero Vitamin Water

Bottled water

well my fridge currently has 2 bottles of wine, diet pepsi, bbq sauce, juice and pickles in it.

Well there's the usual condiments and things (lettuce, carrots, celery, lunch meat, cheeses, milk, eggs, etc.) then the "guys side" has the 2% milk, juices, Gatorade, Sobe drinks, my son's sausage, and when he uses his smoker it's full of rubbed pork and ribs (and everything smells smoked and seasoned for eons!!!!!!!!) and my side has rice milk, almond milk, Dannon Activia Yogurt and other yogurts, flavored natural waters, sometimes some natural teas, fruits like watermelon, strawberries, cherries (yum yum-maroon fingers!!!)-and be advised that the guys don't touch anything on MY side unless I say they can! (I would never get any of it otherwise-except the rice and almond milks).

All the usual condiments

Milk

Eggs

Bread

Cheese

Lunch meat

Leftovers of some sort

Frozen meat

Ice cream (usually, not always but enough that I put it down...lol)

Our fridge is almost never "full"...a lot of what we buy is packaged....
default_whistling.gif
lol

By Friday, our fridge is looking pretty bare as we typically go to the store on the weekend.

We usually have:

milk

eggs

butter

orange juice

yogurt

lettuce/spinach

typical condiments

margarine (right now I have 4 tubs of it - not sure how that happened!)

chicken salad - which is my "go-to" when I don't have leftovers to pack in my lunch

and typically something that resembles a science experiment growing green fuzzy stuff that has been pushed to the back!

Barbara

Latest posts

Back