yet another thing to worry about

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace67

Reaction score
I mostly lurk on these boards but I just got the phone call that most women dread "we've seen something unusual on your mammogram taken yesterday and we want to do an ultrasound"

I'm 43 and have a husband and an 8 year old son and I just returned to work after a few months off recovering from a total knee replacement and I'm just turning the corner with that.

My mom is my best friend but I don't want to share this news with her because she had a defibrillator put in a month ago due to a weakening heart, I simply don't want to burden her with the worry and stress especially if it turns out to be nothing. We have no history of breast cancer in our family and I've had mammograms since I was 35 with no irregularities.

But then I can't help but think "wonder if it turns out to be something?" My ultrasound is scheduled for next Thursday (4/19) in the late afternoon and hopefully will have the results Friday. My practitioner who I've seen for the past 10 years for all my annual exams and health issues tried to ease my mind saying this was just precautionary but she left messages on my home phone, cell phone and reached me at work. By the time I got home for lunch there was already a message from the hospital ready to schedule the ultrasound, just the urgency of it all has scared me though I'm glad everyone is being so quick to get this done.

If you've got a few extra jingles, prayers or good thoughts could you send them my way next Thursday? Much MUCH appreciated and thank you for listening.

Grace, I understand how you are feeling and how your mom is your best friend. I will be praying for you and hoping the time between now and knowing the (good!) results goes by as swift as possible. I know how it is to wait for this kind of a thing. You're in my thoughts and prayers, and I know that will be the case with a lot of us here on LB. This place was a big help getting me through a scary time and the prayers do help! And the moral support as well is tremendous.

Don't worry, they'll do ultrasounds anytime they see something they want to look at more. I had a cycst at my last mammo and they wanted to make sure it was just a cycst so I had an ultrasound. Sure enough it was nothing but a small cycst. They told me 99% of what they are checking is nothing to worry about. They also like to get good baseline images of cycsts and things so they can monitor them.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Deep breath, and take one little step at a time. It is wonderful you have such a proactive care facility that is on top of it all. I have had family and friends that have gotten lost in the shuffle, not knowing where to turn and not scheduling appointments for littlerally a few months. I will be keeping you in my prayers Grace.

Oh pleas don't worry, I've had three mammo's come back positive and two sono's, five total biopsies, and thankfully no cancer. My Mom had breast cancer and had to undergo surgery, my oldest daughter had breast cancer last year and went through a year of chemo, and is now in remission. I had a cyst removed it was so easy, but the calcium was uncomfortable, but all is well! The reason for mammos is to catch it early, then you do a sono, and if the Dr. says so the biopsy. Usually these things are nothing to worry about. We are all with you, and support you, and some of us have been there done that, so don't worry, it will all work out! Bless your heart, I will pray for you to have strength and comfort.

Thank you all of you, I'm just sitting here watching it rain and trying not to think about it all. I know, I just know its going to be alright but I'm a worrier by nature and I want to have those results now so I can fix it if I need to, you know? I'm in the middle of trying to decide between two mini geldings in the next few days, both of which are fabulous little driving horses and I've been searching for so many months for one......and now this. I hate putting off a decision on the horses for yet another week.....and then I start to wonder and worry again.

I'm so thankful to be able to have someplace to share this, it helps especially since I don't really want to share with my family right now. Thank you all again.

I had the exact same thing last year. It was my first mammo and the found a lump. Went back in and did a sonogram, and THEN went back for a biopsy. The biopsy was negative, but my physician was not satisfied, so I went in for a lumpectomy. It was cancer and I did radiation, but because they caught it in time it was very small and didn't spread. I had my yearly mammo in Feb and I am clean.
default_smile.png

We're here if you need to talk, send me a PM or an email: txminiaturehorse at aol dot com.

Sending prayers and support for you Grace.
default_pray.gif
It's GOOD that they are on top of things so quickly, as that way IF it is something, they have not wasted any vaulable time monkeying around!! Best wishes.

Thank you to all of you who sent good thoughts and prayers, its been a very LONG week! Spoke with the doctor today and the ultrasound results show a very small (I cannot feel it myself) "benign nodule" which doesn't warrant further testing and will be monitored on future annual mammograms. I feel so thankful and blessed and am taking a moment or two to breath and enjoy my family and my life. Thank you again to everyone
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back