Yay! Spring! And the fur is fly'en......Pics!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
What with the warm weather hitting us (actually saw 70 degrees a couple days ago!), the bulbs blooming in the yard, and all the horse fur flying, we started clipping head and necks!

Some of our youngsters we've never seen their heads clipped, so it was totally like having a package unwrapped.......I LOVE pleasant surprises! Think we did at least 14 kids this past week, but will only bore you with three of them.......hope you don't mind...... :bgrin

This is "Diamonte" (DeeDee), a 2 yr old Arenosa filly, AMHR/ASPC.

Diamonte9.jpg

Second is "Sparkle", yearling Arenosa filly - half sister to DeeDee. (Can't wait to body clip her!)

Sparkel2.jpg

Third and last is "Whisper", yearling AMHA filly, our Bond Showboy granddaughter.

WhisperMarch72007small2.jpg

MA

Lovely girls MA, I think Sparkle is my favorite - I can't wait to see what you find when you body clip her all the way!!

WOW :aktion033: They are absolutely gorgeous ! MORE! MORE! pictures of the the others....please ?

What with the warm weather hitting us (actually saw 70 degrees a couple days ago!), the bulbs blooming in the yard, and all the horse fur flying, we started clipping head and necks!
Some of our youngsters we've never seen their heads clipped, so it was totally like having a package unwrapped.......I LOVE pleasant surprises! Think we did at least 14 kids this past week, but will only bore you with three of them.......hope you don't mind...... :bgrin

This is "Diamonte" (DeeDee), a 2 yr old Arenosa filly, AMHR/ASPC.

Diamonte9.jpg

Second is "Sparkle", yearling Arenosa filly - half sister to DeeDee. (Can't wait to body clip her!)

Sparkel2.jpg

Third and last is "Whisper", yearling AMHA filly, our Bond Showboy granddaughter.

WhisperMarch72007small2.jpg

MA

Please tell me how Whisper is reddish color with long hair and gray underneath. I truly find this amazing and can't quite comprehend it. You can tell I'm new and all 4 of mine are coming up to be a year old so I know little about colors. So somebody WHY are colors so different after being clipped? Thanks

I love Dee Dee!
default_wub.png
:

What a transformation on those horses! Little packages of mystery aren't they?

Please post pics of the others now!!!

Bonnie,

Whisper is a typical bay.......when they are first clipped they come out a sort of muddy color, and each time they are clipped through the summer, their coat will be a slightly different shade - depending on what color bay they are.

Larry has reminded me that over the last two weeks, we managed to head/neck clip our entire yearling group AND some of our 2 year olds.......so that we did TWENTY SIX all total! :new_shocked:

I'll try to share a few more photos when I can.

MA

Theyre all very nice!! My favorite is the last one. Can't wait until we can start clipping ours, it's my favorite!

They're absolutely gorgeous, Maryann! Are any of these three coming to the NWMHC Schooling Show?

...and in your next batch of photos, can I request my soulmate, Flame?

Latest posts

Back