Xmas horsie treats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I just got done making a few batches of the following horsie treats. They take only a few seconds to make and most people have these around their house. The first one i got out of the MHW magizine but i'm sure not everyone here get that. They other few are ones i made up over the past few hours. They make good gifts to your horsie friends to if you want to make up a batch of them, i'm giving a few to my local 4h and FFA horsie friends tommarow. PS: They are taisty
default_wink.png
:

1) Put some white Karo Syrup in a dish. Slice an apple or two into 4-8 peices (depends on how big/small you want the peices). Cutt out the core and stem part. Roll in the Karo syrup and then roll in Oats (i used steam rolled oats, taist better imo). You can put them in the refriderator (sp?) for a few hours to cool first or serve then.

2) You will need large marshellows (or the baby small marshmellows for the foals/yearlings, i made baby size ones for Narko) and peppermint candies. Split a peppermint candy (or any horse treat, i used the hard peppermint candy) and stick 1/2 a peice inside the marshmellow so you cant see it (If your giving these to yearlings or young horses i wouldnt put anything hard like the Peppermint candy or i would put 1/4'th a peppermint candy in it). Roll in bowl of Karo syrup untill it is fully covered. Then roll in Oats or a cerial of your choice. I used Oats for some and i use Cherios for the other half. You can sprinkle lightly with sugar afterward if you choose.

3) Christmas Horsie & Pony Salad:

(This i converted down from big horse serving to one for an adult miniature)

This is one our 4H group put together a few years back. Cut an apple (or half an apple) into small peices or even take it through a shredder. Cutt a carrot into peices about every 1/2-1/4th and inch. Crush 7 peppermint treats (or a one-few candy canes). Add a cup of a taisty healthy cerial and a cup of oats. Put everything together and mix it up. Serve!!!

Hope you all have a great Xmas!!!! I cannot cook in anyway shape or form but i managed these. Good luck, treat your horsies to a TAISTY xmas treat!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]I always give my horses a twinkie on Christmas
xmas1.gif

The Festive Xmas Twinkie...
xmas3.gif

They love 'em!
bighat.gif

PS Merry Christmas, Leeana!
[/SIZE]

merrychristmas1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooo those are some good ideas!!Roy says thankyou
default_wink.png
: . He got a molasses covered carrot rolled in a crushed up mint this morning...wish I would have read your post first!!!Thanks leeana Merry christmas to all your lil guys!!!! :saludando:

I didn't get to do those either...I didn't even get a chance to make my two legged kids their cookies this year!
default_wacko.png
:

I still spoiled my girls. For dinner, they got their grain mixed with carrots and apples and drizzled with molasses.

Who doesn't like to indulge in the sweet stuff for the holidays! lol
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back