Wow! Snowstorm in New England!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammie-C_Spots

Reaction score
calistasnowstorm121505.jpg

We got a snowstorm here that closed schools and kept people home. I had let the horses out and opened the stalls so they could go in if they wanted to. As you can see they didn't want to! I went out and snapped this photo then put them all in, cleaned the snow off, tucked them in with warm water buckets and hay
smile.gif

Tammie

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine like to stand out in the snow too....altho, they don't get to very often. I don't want them getting too wet in frigid cold weather.

They look like little white buffalo when they get covered with snow!
laugh.gif

Oh I know! That storm was pretty bad! We got probably about a foot of snow. Were suppose to get more snow here on Thursday.
sad.gif

Guess my husband had better call his family! They are all out in your neck of the woods.

One nice thing about seeing all that snow ON TOP of your little ones.... it means their natural furry insulation is working!
yes.gif

MA

Great picture, Tammie!

Glad it was you and not me this time :)

Susan O.

new_shocked.gif

It was an impressive storm. I was stuck at a barn in Haverhill that day. You

could not see out the door. We were inside the barn and what I thought was a

plow turned out to be thunder. I went to turn one of the Friesans out and thought

If I fall down no one will find me until spring thaw! Courtney said her and Sue (the

barn owner) looked out the window and couldn't even see the three big Friesans

in the pasture!. They got about 18 inches and I got about 16 where I live. The

horses enjoyed it though! Linda B

Looks like you got it much worse than we did here in southeastern CT. We got some snow and hail and wind and several accidents on the roads but I understand the Cape really got it. Glad you are ok and the horses too.

Joyce

Oh my gosh....thats a big "YIKERS" indeed!!! Cute pic!!! Please tell me it's not headed southward!!

Oh Tammie,
ohmy.gif
Now thats just too cold for me now. I remember them days when I lived up there in Ma, now a Texas candy butt.
laugh.gif
I don't want no more of that!! Pretty to see and visit but I'd rather shovel horse poop than snow!! Although the snow is much prettier!
smile.gif

Your horses have a ton of hair on them! I bet they were nice and warm.

Be careful as I know its really slippery.

Take Care

Joyce

Latest posts

Back