Would you like to see my Fall Decorations?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Come on over and take the little 2 cent tour. Nothing big, nothing spectacular, just a little deco to spruce up the old homestead. Thought I would share.

On Halloween morning all the real pumpkins will be carved and lit up for night. I also have several strands of pumpkin lights that go across the front porch, but I dont put them out until Halloween night either.

First you'll come into the front driveway and then come up on the porch where I'll be waiting for you with Tracey.

Falldeco1.jpg

Then, you'll come into the living room, which is the hub of the house where everyone just flops themselves down to relax and watch TV or just yak.

falldeco4.jpg

falldeco3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And here's some more stuff in the living room. I forgot to tell you that a lot of this stuff is old old old that I just keep for memories. The kitchen just has as few things like decorated towels, etc. and the kitchen table has a centerpiece and candles, nothing spectacular.

Falldeco2.jpg

Remember the gas tank that I filled up with flowers and yard art this spring? Well, the flowers are now dead. I killed them. But now it has a seasonal flare. Oh, and you have to watch out for that ghost in the well. Some say he's been known to jump out of there on Halloween night............
wink.gif

falldeco6.jpg

That's all. Thanks for stopping by.
saludando.gif

Wow, you are industrious! I still need to get my house clean enough to go and get the decorations out!

I feel like I can't put them up til I sweep away the REAL cobwebs, ya know?

thanks for the tour, next best thing to a visit!

You and Tracy look cute!

Liz M.

That is wild Marty...I am lucky to get the Jack O lanterns out the day of Halloween. In my defense though, christmas lights are up by Thanksgiving.

Awesome!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I am going to do all my decorating this weekend, now that the salon is all decorated!!
biggrin.gif

Very nice!!!! Now Im ready for it to be cool and fall like here!! Fat chance in florida.

Wow, Happy Halloween
biggrin.gif

You do almost as much for Halloween as you do for Christmas.
laugh.gif

Do you get lots of trick or treaters? Since we moved here we get none and I really miss getting to see all the kids in their costumes. The properties here are spaced far apart and most driveways have gates, so kids get driven into town where the houses are all close together.

aktion033.gif
Oh Marty! Thanks so much for the "treat"! Your place looks simply wonderful. Almost like being there.
yes.gif
I really appreciate you sharing with us. I know you've worked hard and spent a lot of time decorating. I'm sure you'll have lots of visitors who'll enjoy their visit as well. It's always a delight to see what you've been up to.
wink.gif

God bless,

Joan

Yes I get truck loads of kids here on the mountain.

They know that we give FULL size candy bars!!!

The itty bitty kids will come right after school before it gets dark. They are always adorable and Tracey and I will greet them all dressed up but we don't scare the little ones. But oh man, we get the bigger ones...........
yes.gif

We didn't do the graveyard this year. The graves that Jerry and I made are like 14 years old and flat fell apart last year so I didn't bother with them. I also don't dress up like a witch anymore either and take a dive off the porch into leaves either anymore. See what ageing does to a person?

However, it will still be much fun. We'll have atleast ten pumpkins lit and the pumpkin lights all over the place, and we'll play our scarry music and the boys and their friends will dress up and scare the heck out of the unsuspecting kids. Most of them know about us on Halloween so they come with flashlights now from experience and sometimes check behind the bushes and trees before making their way up to the porch. You never know from which direction they will come from. Someone will probaby take my place up on the roof no doubt.
wink.gif

Yea, we're bad...........

It's not a lot of work at all. Now, Christmas, that's a lot of work!

In September, that's when I do the deep cleaning of the furniture and everything we have. I just finished painting the living room too. Then I take all the regular stuff down, wall hangings and nick nacs and put them away in a big Rubbermaid until after Christmas or sometimes even after winter. Yup, everything goes bye bye.

That way, I have a clean pallet to display my Fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations. Makes it easy.

Latest posts

Back