Worried about ice on paddock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeannie B

Reaction score
:saludando: Hi all, We have had some pretty nasty weather lately, at first we had lots of rain and then freezing temps and just last week we got freezing rain.
default_wacko.png
:

My little barn is inside a paddock and my 3 horses are always in and out of the barn as they please.

I have tried to keep on top of the problem with ice by putting lots of soiled shavings on the paddock and it usually works good, but this year there are still patches of ice that I an afraid the horses night slip and get hurt. :no: Shavings won't stick to the ice after they have died they just blow away in the wind.

My farrier suggested Chicken run stones which are real tiny. I tried that too but it doesn't work that well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
default_yes.gif
:

I need a few more million tons of gravel for my barnyard walkways.

Where I have the gravel down it works great. The horses do fine walking on it although they don't have to-they can go around it if they want to. I Haven't slipped up there or fallen or lost my boots in the mud, nothing. But around the side where there isn't any, it's a complete disastor.

Latest posts

Back