Worlds smallest horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to add that my dwarf mare has as about as perfect legs as your are going to get on any horse- in proportion to her body as far as length- straight with good hooves. To say that Einstein is not a dwarf because he has "good Legs" is IMO like saying he's not a dwarf because he's pinto.

default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Just have to put these up there.

Forever Farm-have you read any of John Eberth's research regarding dwarfism and some of his opinions on many horses that people on here considered dwarf? It was eye-opening. I guess I have never seen a dwarf with good legs so would be interested to see yours. And saying a horse is not a dwarf because he/she is a pinto is definitely not even close to what I was saying and I actually take a little bit of offense to it. I may not be the most intelligent person in the world, but i'm not stupid either and it feels as though you just insinuated so.

OMG! Those photos ARE photoshopped! Unbelievable. Truly, I am at a loss for words.

Good grief, LOL. I think many of you are likely to take years off your lives for all the worrying and stress you exert over all this. It's just a cute video. Maybe he's not gelded because he's not even a year old yet? Maybe it's the big ball the goat and dog are scared of, not the horse? Photoshopped photos? Many MANY horse photos are photoshopped.

Those pictures are photoshopped. He's roach backed and has had surgery on his hips/hind legs.

251110_220480911303948_194395203912519_877473_844256_n.jpg

222280_210776432274396_194395203912519_799630_3181718_n.jpg

OBVIOUS photoshopping on his back/topline to remove his roached back.

231154_218013804883992_194395203912519_858386_5040822_n.jpg

Call me rude but I don't like these people.

They're trying to hide his deformities.

They're in it for the money.

They're calling him a stallion and HAVE since he was a few days old. He's a darned colt and should be a gelding!

They treat him like a dog and a spoiled brat.

I have also lost ALL of my respect for Oprah. I thought that woman was smarter than that.

My apologies to those that think I'm being rude, but I get testy when it comes to Einstein. If he isn't gelded then he's going to be the new Bond's Tiny Tim!
I agree with you 100% I mean I'm all for a good home with people who love their minis. BUT he beyond the normal amount of spoiled! He's never going to know how to be a real horse
default_no.gif
Agreed with the pictures being photo shopped, I'm so worried their going to try and breed him out to mares...obviously anyone with any sense wouldn't breed to him but what about people who aren't as educated on the breed? They see him, see how "famous" he is and think 'oh I want to get a mini mare and breed to him!'

It's just wrong
default_sad.png
That is just honest opinion.

You know, the photo shopping confirms the owners know he is not stallion quality AND that while they flaunt his small stature, they are ashamed of his conformation.. I'd be shocked if they themselves do not suspect he's a dwarf. It is the huge diservice the owners do to the perception of our breed that upsets me. Little horses can and should still look like horses, especially if they're stallions being held out to the public as an example of our breed.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a warning. On a non related horse forum someone asked me why the owner keeps promoting him as a STALLION. I replied that he should be gelded etc.

Well the owner came on the thread and ripped me a new one. Wouldnt surprise me if he comes on this thread.

Just a warning. On a non related horse forum someone asked me why the owner keeps promoting him as a STALLION. I replied that he should be gelded etc.

Well the owner came on the thread and ripped me a new one. Wouldnt surprise me if he comes on this thread.
Maybe he should.. He needs some schooling, but I doubt the knowledge that Einstein isn't stallion quality will be any revelation. People can geld or not their horses, but I'd be concerned for any mare bred to Einstein. And, as many of us have said, we don't appreciate such a poor example of our breed held out so widely as an example of what a miniature horse is. If THAT was what they are, I'd never have bought one. Would you?

I would so welcome it!

A "new member" who is proported to come ready to to rip us a new one? *shrug* doesn't strike me as one likely to meld into the community or be a stellar contributer.

You can just look and tell that horse isn't stallion quality, I'll pulling that he's a dwarf but I'm not expert.

I guess the owners took a page out of Parelli's marketing skills...

I very rarely post on the forum and it is the same for several of my horse friends for this very reason. I did not skip ahead on this post, but merely watched the video, and then read the posts about Einstein. What I saw when I watched the video was a very spunky little horse having so much fun playing with a large ball. It was funny and made me smile. He appears to be well fed, parasite free, pain free, happy and loved. He is of pet quality and does have two major conformational flaws, a roached back and a very short neck. Does he have a big head...I don't know...perhaps...but many horses that are short necked also appear to be big headed. Anyway, my point in posting here is to me this is so very sad and so much the reason that the Lilbeginnings Forum has so many lurkers that are literally "afraid" to post. They don't want to be publicly humiliated and shot down for a simple question or a photo of their horse. That is very sad to me. I know some of you preach education and that is great, but what if the teachers that were educating your children in schools were so harsh and critical? I bet you wouldn't like that and would be right over to the educational facility demanding more respect. I have watched the posts on this colt since he was born. The only thing I "ever" doubted was his birth weight. I simply "cannot" comprehend a full term miniature foal that survives as weighing in at only six pounds, When I look at my Jack Russell and know that she weighs twenty pounds...Einstein's alleged birth weight is just very difficult for me to believe. Has there been a lot of hype about this horse? OMG...yes...possibly too much. The breeders got a lot of publicity from this and miniature horses have also received a lot of publicity. Oprah asked them to come onto her show and I am sure that they were paid for their appearance....so what. When I look at this little horse...I see "pet" quality....but not a blatant dwarf. He certainly didn't appear to have turned up nostrils and respiratory problems for as long as he chased that ball around. Yes....he has a roached back and a short neck and should never be bred...ever. He is a young horse and is future is yet to unfold. I will change my attitude about the current owners when and "if" I see that Einstein is "standing at stud" or has been bred even once to a mare. Until then, I will stay reserved and say that he appears to me to be a very loved and well cared for, happy little pet quality horse. To all that are so critical of this horse, would you throw each and every horse out of your herd that has at least two conformational faults? Most likely not. I would wager that some of the people that are so critical are breeding horses with larger heads, shorter necks, weak hips, toed in, cow hocked....etc..... To me the roached back is totally unacceptable and does "scream" dwarf characteristic....but is that enough to call him a blatant dwarf? I don't know...I am not an expert...but personally, I don't think so....just far far enough to label him "very" pet quality and NOT breeding stock. Some of you have stated in the past that displaying this horse "publically" gives all of us the "right" to criticize him. Does it really? I surf miniature horse websites almost on a daily basis...from all across the world....and yes...I see some very poorly conformed animals that are displayed on these websites as "breeding" stock....never would it dawn on me to copy the photo and put it out there for public display and humiliation to the current owner. I have to really wonder, what is so "wrong" or "missing" in one's life to make one thrive on hurting and humiliating others. Not "every" thought that goes through your head needs to be posted....some things are just best left "unsaid"....or if you have said them once....you don't have to keep saying it. I am not sure what the OP was fishing for here...I thought it was just to display a video of him playing....but then, I do realize that people are well aware of the "huge" bashing that Einstein and his owners are going to get when they post about him. Just sad to me...very very sad....there are so many other issues in the world...and I personally was delighted to see this little pet quality horse that appears to be just so happy to be alive. That is what most of us "should see"....and as far as the education....if I didn't have minis and this is the first post I saw....I would seriously reconsider ever getting into minis....not because of the horses, but more so because of some of the people that own them. Not one post has said...Wow...Einstein looks so happy, he is well fed, parasite free, his hooves are trimmed, he has friends and his owners even bought him this "huge" ball that he loves to play with. Kudos to the owners for taking such great care of their little pet mini. That is what I see when I watch the video...a happy little pet horse. Would like to add that "anyone" could have touched up those photos...it didn't necessarily have to be his owners. Feel free to flame away....I can take it....maybe if I am the one being bashed...it will give this little pet and his owners a break. P/S....you don't have to be an "Einstein" to see that he is just pet quality...
default_laugh.png

I very rarely post on the forum and it is the same for several of my horse friends for this very reason. I did not skip ahead on this post, but merely watched the video, and then read the posts about Einstein. What I saw when I watched the video was a very spunky little horse having so much fun playing with a large ball. It was funny and made me smile. He appears to be well fed, parasite free, pain free, happy and loved. He is of pet quality and does have two major conformational flaws, a roached back and a very short neck. Does he have a big head...I don't know...perhaps...but many horses that are short necked also appear to be big headed. Anyway, my point in posting here is to me this is so very sad and so much the reason that the Lilbeginnings Forum has so many lurkers that are literally "afraid" to post. They don't want to be publicly humiliated and shot down for a simple question or a photo of their horse. That is very sad to me. I know some of you preach education and that is great, but what if the teachers that were educating your children in schools were so harsh and critical? I bet you wouldn't like that and would be right over to the educational facility demanding more respect. I have watched the posts on this colt since he was born. The only thing I "ever" doubted was his birth weight. I simply "cannot" comprehend a full term miniature foal that survives as weighing in at only six pounds, When I look at my Jack Russell and know that she weighs twenty pounds...Einstein's alleged birth weight is just very difficult for me to believe. Has there been a lot of hype about this horse? OMG...yes...possibly too much. The breeders got a lot of publicity from this and miniature horses have also received a lot of publicity. Oprah asked them to come onto her show and I am sure that they were paid for their appearance....so what. When I look at this little horse...I see "pet" quality....but not a blatant dwarf. He certainly didn't appear to have turned up nostrils and respiratory problems for as long as he chased that ball around. Yes....he has a roached back and a short neck and should never be bred...ever. He is a young horse and is future is yet to unfold. I will change my attitude about the current owners when and "if" I see that Einstein is "standing at stud" or has been bred even once to a mare. Until then, I will stay reserved and say that he appears to me to be a very loved and well cared for, happy little pet quality horse. To all that are so critical of this horse, would you throw each and every horse out of your herd that has at least two conformational faults? Most likely not. I would wager that some of the people that are so critical are breeding horses with larger heads, shorter necks, weak hips, toed in, cow hocked....etc..... To me the roached back is totally unacceptable and does "scream" dwarf characteristic....but is that enough to call him a blatant dwarf? I don't know...I am not an expert...but personally, I don't think so....just far far enough to label him "very" pet quality and NOT breeding stock. Some of you have stated in the past that displaying this horse "publically" gives all of us the "right" to criticize him. Does it really? I surf miniature horse websites almost on a daily basis...from all across the world....and yes...I see some very poorly conformed animals that are displayed on these websites as "breeding" stock....never would it dawn on me to copy the photo and put it out there for public display and humiliation to the current owner. I have to really wonder, what is so "wrong" or "missing" in one's life to make one thrive on hurting and humiliating others. Not "every" thought that goes through your head needs to be posted....some things are just best left "unsaid"....or if you have said them once....you don't have to keep saying it. I am not sure what the OP was fishing for here...I thought it was just to display a video of him playing....but then, I do realize that people are well aware of the "huge" bashing that Einstein and his owners are going to get when they post about him. Just sad to me...very very sad....there are so many other issues in the world...and I personally was delighted to see this little pet quality horse that appears to be just so happy to be alive. That is what most of us "should see"....and as far as the education....if I didn't have minis and this is the first post I saw....I would seriously reconsider ever getting into minis....not because of the horses, but more so because of some of the people that own them. Not one post has said...Wow...Einstein looks so happy, he is well fed, parasite free, his hooves are trimmed, he has friends and his owners even bought him this "huge" ball that he loves to play with. Kudos to the owners for taking such great care of their little pet mini. That is what I see when I watch the video...a happy little pet horse. Would like to add that "anyone" could have touched up those photos...it didn't necessarily have to be his owners. Feel free to flame away....I can take it....maybe if I am the one being bashed...it will give this little pet and his owners a break. P/S....you don't have to be an "Einstein" to see that he is just pet quality...
default_laugh.png

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

default_laugh.png

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Mini Gates Farm..THANKYOU for your post. l watched the clip and found a less then perfect little Einstein who looks well taken care of and loved and enjoyed it for what it was not what l thought it would appear to others l know l have fallen in love with him and hope he continues to prosper as he matures faults and all...

Mini Gates Farm..THANKYOU for your post. l watched the clip and found a less then perfect little Einstein who looks well taken care of and loved and enjoyed it for what it was not what l thought it would appear to others l know l have fallen in love with him and hope he continues to prosper as he matures faults and all...

Thank you all so much...I cannot help it as this is "just" the way I feel. He is a horse and "all" horses should be loved. I have yet to see him "marketed" as a "show horse" or a future "breeding stallion"....he is a miniature horse that is in loving hands...at a time when so so many little and big horses are starving to death out in fields...and even being set free because their owners cannot feed them and possibly are not responsible enough to put the effort into finding them homes. God bless this little pet quality miniature horse and his owners for caring about his well being....dwarf or not....NONE of us know....really...now do we? We can speculate and post our opinions all we want....but none of our opinions on wether or not he is a dwarf are valid or fact....and wth does it matter? I seriously doubt that anyone that saw him on the Oprah show and decides to start their own herd of minis will go shopping and say to the sellers....I want one just like Einstein...with the very same conformational flaws and all...
default_wink.png
God bless the horses and their owners....and God...also please please help us to be nicer to each other...amen.

I hope his owners do not waste one moment of their time coming here to read this or try to "defend" the love they feel for their little boy. He is a cutie and looks to be VERY well cared for and loved to pieces. Amen to that!
default_smile.png
I see alot of the other side believe me.

It is very sad that people spend so much time criticizing others.
default_no.gif

No one said that he should not be loved...but exploited is another thing. His owners post on facebook all the time, and do mean all the time. Any video on youtube that gets a lot of hits GETS PAID. If you will notice, there are two videos on just this media and each one has an ad before you watch it. They get paid for that!

I just do not feel that he is loved for himself but what he can do for his owners.

I am also upset that they keep saying he is a perfect little stallion, well proportioned and well put together...

Now since this is thrown in the publics faces all the time,IT IS A PROBLEM as it is a perception to every person out there looking at this, that this must be the way a Mini should look. If they had done ANY research before promoting him as a perfect specimen, then they know that this is not the truth. Then why continue to say this and why the heavy photoshopping?

I myself, am tired of the media promoting our breed as dwarfs.

Is he cute, yes, is he perfect, far from it. Is he a dwarf, yes, he is a minimal dwarf. Not all dwarfs have upturned nostrils. Many years ago I had a VERY SMALL colt that looked pretty good when he was first born. As the days and weeks went on, he got longer and more roached in his back. He also became crippled as time went on. his neck was never short, nor his head overly big. But, I spoke to John Eberth and sent him pictures and he confirmed that he was a minimal dwarf. Einstein looks very much like my little boy and is about the same size. 6 lbs at birth...no way. I raise Tibetan Terriers who max out at 20 to 25 lbs. At 8 weeks old they weigh more than 6lbs. Any Mini weighing that at birth is not possible. I would believe 16 lbs, but not 6 lbs.

Since they have not told the truth about his birth weight, nor have they admitted that he has conformational flaws (to the point were they photoshop them), then yes, I have a problem about their true motives of owning him. My biggest concern for him is will they stop loving him and caring for him when he can no longer make money on him? He is already NOT the smallest horse in the world and he is only a yearling. When he ends up at 25 or 26", then what? I had not heard that they had done operations on his hind legs or his back. But again, if they have, it is another sign that he is a dwarf. He will not get better, but only worse as time goes on. Will these owners be willing to continue to pay out when they are no longer collecting?

I do not think any animal should be exploited for their deformities. If he was a two headed Mini would you all feel the same? Should we exploit Little People because they are so small? We used to many years ago, but that is no longer allowed, now it has just changed to deformed animals. Should we put all

deformed animals on display like a circus because they are different?

If Einstein were just a perfect small horse, then I would not be having a problem with this, but he is not!

Latest posts

Back