Wish me Luck!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
I am gonna need it!!

I submited my book (Fantasy Fiction) to a writers contest on Amazon.com. I changed the title and re-worked the entire thing and doubled it's length to 75,000 words. I submited it to a publisher almost 3 weeks ago, and she had not done a thing with it yet. I told her I wanted to enter it in a contest (I just found out about it last week) and the contest ended on Nov.5th. She told me it would be done on Tuesday. Then she said it would be done by thursday. Then she said she could work on it all day Saturday. Well, I got antsy and submitted it to the contest yesterday. They were only going to accept 5,000 manuscripts. Well, today on the submission web site there is a notice:

We're sorry, we have received 5,000 registrations. Reserve your spot on the Standby List below.

You may register below to be on the Standby List and we'll email you if a submission spot opens up. Please provide a valid email address and watch for notices from CreateSpace to the email address you have provided. In the event we contact you, we will give you instructions for entering the contest.

I got in just in time!!!! They recieved the 5,000th entry today some time. I am sooooo glad I didn't wait on editing. I don't think I need it for the contest.

Anway, the grand prize is:

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Grand Prize

One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of:

A full publishing contract with Penguin to market and distribute Grand Prize winner's winning Manuscript as a published book, including promotion for such published book on Amazon.com.

Upon the full execution of the publishing contract, Penguin will pay the Grand Prize winner US $25,000. This US $25,000 payment is an advance against the royalties to be earned by the Grand Prize winner under the publishing contract.

And you can see the entire list of prizes on the web site.

Amazon.com: Help*>*Publisher & Vendor Guides*>*Books*>*Breakthrough Novel Award*>*Prizes

I am soooo excited!!! I don't think I will win, but I am just so very excited to have even entered!!

Kisses to all of you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:new_multi:
default_firstprize.gif
: Good Luck!!!!!Keep us informed.

Ohhhh yay!

How exciting. And much better odds than the lottery. And if you place,,,, you know you deserve it! Well be waiting to hear!

I am sure I did not submit everythign perfectly, and so there is a chance I will be disqualified. There were a million rules about "How" to submit everything. :eek:

BUT, if I just happen to win anything, I will let you know!!!

Latest posts

Back