Wish me luck; my new book is being reviewed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I'm so excited and quite nervous all rolled into one.

Several years ago I wrote a book called Happy Horsekeeping with Dirty Holly. This book caused me more trouble than you could possibly imagine. I was trying to self-publish and the printer people used my stupid notes from a floopy disk and published them instead of using my finished hard copy. By the time it was brought to my attention and I ended up having to pull the book. This little fiasco ended up practically costing us the farm because the printer really took us to the cleaners and never would make it right.

This has bothered me for many many years. I knew the concept was good and I wanted a chance to make it right, but I never wanted to go with self-publishing again.

I have spent last fall, winter and until now re-writting this entire book, updating and improving every page from cover to cover. And it really GREW!

I have to admit that I am so proud of this book. It's surely the finest thing I think I have ever done and frankly, I'm shocked at myself. Didn't know I had it in me. Writting has always been some kind of release or maybe escape for me, so doing this project has really helped me out emotionally.

I have tried contacting several publishers years ago and at that time, I could not get anyone to even read my manuscript. Nobody wanted me to submit it back then.

This morning, I am excited to announce that not one, but two publishers of horse/ pet books that I contacted want to read it. If either publisher takes this book, it will be in very good company. Neither of them have any Miniature Horse books in their publishing house at all, and one of them wants me to email the entire book today! Well, it's not ready today, but I will have it all ready to ship hopefully in a few days with the illustrations in place. Karla's my proof-reader and soon as she is done, it's off!

I won't know anything from about 4-6 weeks.

Even if it gets refused, there's always other publishers, but I just couldn't believe that they even wanted to read it. I'm feeling so honored that they said they were anxious to read it.

Wish me luck!

Oh Marty!!! That is exciting!!! Lots of good thoughts coming your way!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

~kathryn

Marty,

GOOD LUCK! with your new book! I will be anxious to see and read it.

I do have the first "Happy Horsekeeping with Dirty Holly" and I also have "Barney the Buckskin of Hidden Pines" and "The Legend of Christmas On Miniature Mountain." I have enjoyed all three of them (I love
default_wub.png
: the way that you write) It will be interesting to get the new "Happy Horsekeeping with Dirty Holly"

Go for it Marty!! I for one will be anxiously waiting for the book to be available!!
default_yes.gif
:

Wishing you luck!!
default_pray.gif
: I can't wait to hear how it goes!

I better get crackin and buy the other books from you! I don't know where my head has been?? I have Karla's book and just LOVE it! I know I would thoroughly enjoy your books Marty as I always look for your posts on here. I just enjoy the way you write so much!

I will be waiting for the new book to come out too. I've wanted to get this book but waited for the new one. I love reading your posts and if the book is anything like them I know i'll love that too.

Leslie

Congrats :aktion033:

:aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations

You have a wonderful style of writing and i know it will sell.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Bonnie

That's good news! I am excited for you!! I'm glad to hear that you didn't completely give up on it and it is so close to being published! I'm sure it will be excepted!

~Karen

:aktion033: Will keep fingers and toes crossed for you!

MA

marty i know they will love it! cant wait to her your good news announcement!

This is so exciting! Awesome! I wish I had the $$$ to get all your books now, but unfortunatley I have to wait right. I LOVE reading your posts and am sure that your books would be just as entertaining. I'm writing right now too, but mine is purely for my enjoyment and the enjoyment of my friends. Your story about self publishing just made that decision for me. he he
default_smile.png

By the way just in case anyone is having a fit, I'm not trying to sell anything HERE.

Actually I have NO books available to sell anyhow.

UPDATE: I did email the first three chapters to the publisher that was anxious to see something today and she called me on the phone and said they are interested in reading more.

Not getting my hopes up because this may never get off the ground. Just having a happy moment I wanted to share.

Thank you all!

OH MARTY! How exciting! I DO wish you all the luck in the world!!!!

:bgrin CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :bgrin That is awesome, terrific, wonderful, magical, magnificent, fabulous news!!! I can't wait to see your book in print, I will buy a copy on day one! And you better sign it for me too! And of course I will want one for granddaughter Isabelle, so you better make that two! And one to donate to the public library, so we are up to three, and another one for the gal in the office who also just became a grandmother.....

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :aktion033:

Very exciting :aktion033: , congratulations on getting this far along with it. We look forward to seeing it roll off the presses! I know how hard the process is, sending off manuscripts and waiting .....and getting the rejection letters. I tried my hand at some children's horse books years ago, but kind of let it fizzle. Might have to revive that project one of these days.

Jan

Marty this is sooo exciting prayers sent up for the success of this venture. I know it will be a big success. I cant wait to read your posts and Im sure a book would be even better.

I have the original and I can't wait for the new one! The first one was SO fun to read, I can only imagine how awesome this one will be. They'll publish you, Marty, I know it! They will not be able to resist your genuine horse sense and charm! You are the only person I know that can tell a story the way you do! God Bless, and I, too, will be waiting for the good news announcement! I know it will come!

HUGS

Jodi

Latest posts

Back