Wish and our Aerocrown

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shorthorsemom said:
I am intriqued by the ear nets that eagle eye Leia mentioned you are using, can you send me a posting as to what she is talking about? Ike hates things around his ears. Adair
default_laugh.png
It's that hat thing on Wish's head. See how it covers her ears under the bridle and comes down her forehead a bit? I always thought they were more of a European/show jumper turnout thing but I guess they're quite helpful for their original purpose of keeping bugs out of the horses' ears so they are not distracted and shaking their heads all the time. I've never had a problem with my boys luckily but sure love how they look! I'm considering getting some for the pair in the future and do have a nice source for mini ones finally but I don't know if it's the same one Angie got hers from.

Leia

I know people who also use ear nets to cover up the cotton balls stuffed inside their psycho horse's ears! One shows at advanced level!

Myrna

Oh my, never heard of putting in cotton balls... LOL.
default_new_rofl.gif

My guy has so much hair in his ears it might as well be cotton balls.

I don't trim his ear hair because I figure around the farm here we can use as much protection from the bugs as we can get.

I think I have a large horse set of the ear nets around here somewhere that my brother sent my way thinking it would fit my boys.

Thanks for the nice compliments, I will share them with Miss Wish. She is a sweetheart.
default_wub.png

Adair I will measure the distance for you, I am guessing it to be about 12 inches and am thinking of shortening my shafts a tad bit more.

I find new betathane has a lot of bounce to it...so I am not thrilled w/ the wrap on my bucking strap. It looks good to start then when we get going, it sortof boings apart a bit. I am running the strap back thru my first wrap to kind of lock it a bit from slipping on the shaft. This strap doesn't let my backstrap run through quite like my other, so it is secured with black shoelace
default_wacko.png
For economical reasons, I picked up the beta strap- eventually it will lose a little of that bounce...but if I were showing, I'd probably get a leather one.

Ear nets....this one is a pony sized witht he fringe trimmed back and the ears flipped inside out and sewn smaller. I got it at vendor at HITS, a jumper show that is near me each summer. I think it was like $6 or $7....

I may get some in other colors from here:

ear nets

The nicest ones made for minis that I have seen are at Hats Off Boutique. They were at the Lorenzo show that I went and watched...gorgeous...but $45

more ear nets

They do help keep flies away. Wish doesn't like deer flies on her delicate ears LOL.

Angie

drivin*me*buggy said:
Ear nets....The nicest ones made for minis that I have seen are at Hats Off Boutique. They were at the Lorenzo show that I went and watched...gorgeous...but $45

more ear nets
Those are the ones I knew about. I'm not surprised they're a bit expensive- they're from Australia! On the other hand I'm told they fit the A minis, which is worth a few bucks to those of us who don't sew a stitch.
default_laugh.png

Leia

Thanks so much for the links to the ear nets, we have terrible deer flies here and my girls shake, shake, shake their heads. I knew that large equines had them and had been wondering about them for my mares, especially once we are actually driving the trails. Thanks again....I may just splurge on them eventually.

P.S. Your new cart is beautiful! I am so jealous! I have had to delay my purchase of a hyperbike because my car needed replacement. I'm bummed, but I guess I need car transportation more than cart transportation right now, unfortunately!!

Katie

Katie,

If I remember right your girls are a little bigger than Wish. I bet the ones Just for Ponies sell would fit and they are just $6 a piece. Include a note when you place your order (or call) and tell them you have very small ponies and could they send the smallest earnets. Trim the fringe if you need to, I had to on this one. They do help. Just watch your bridle adjustment after you put it on so things aren't too tight. Sorry about your car. I am in love with this new cart
default_smile.png

Angie

Latest posts

Back