Will he drive???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
I brought this colt home from ASPC Congress on the 14th. He's currently living in the round pen (several reasons), but really hasn't been worked but a couple of times. Last night, I started "officially" working him and today, I had a friend come by and she took pics of him w/ my camera.

O - I wish he was bigger, I was smaller and still riding dressage horses! WOW!! What movement!

Can't wait to get this guy going in harness and see how he does when ready and conditioned for driving. What fun he will be!

13jul29oly544.jpg

and this one from yesterday showing he does have higher action when he wants and is fresh. Taken with my phone and I'm not at his level like the one above...

13ju28oly1825b.jpg

Oh my gosh Paula, he is STUNNING to say the least!!!!!! AND movement to boot..He should make a GREAT driving horse..
default_wub.png

I've got several 3 yr olds and 3 2 yr olds that I'm going to be working with this fall. We'll see how it goes. After basic intro and ground work, the ones who go on will be the ones that appear to be mentally able to handle the things they are asked to do.

Oly really came around in just 2 days of "real work". I'll keep this thread and work with it, posting pics of Oly as we go...

I've got several 3 yr olds and 3 2 yr olds that I'm going to be working with this fall. We'll see how it goes. After basic intro and ground work, the ones who go on will be the ones that appear to be mentally able to handle the things they are asked to do.

Oly really came around in just 2 days of "real work". I'll keep this thread and work with it, posting pics of Oly as we go...
Oh please do..I always love your little adventures...hehehe

and sometimes adventures they are,
default_risa_suelos.gif

I'm actually quite excited to get the two boys started and the filly as well. She's very, very "in your pocket" ( I think she misses her show stall and fan - which I don't have here at home. This is the first time she's and Oly have been home since they left in March 2012). Of course, her dam is Koalah - the mare that I used for riding lessons for two little boys after her purchase and then she went into driving with Flashi at her side (but not tied - Koalah was the one who liked to rear every now and then - usually when working on bending to the left.).

Here's two pictures of Wizard - trotting loose and then wearing his bridle (yep, one that I braided). Kinda funny - our two stallion prospects for the future are our Foundation Futurity babies and are both bay tobianos and born on the same day (Oly here and Wizard in OH). Flashi, is a 2 yr old mare, from our program out of Koalah and by Iggy that was born almost a full month before the two boys here. The next few months will be interesting and hopefully fun and fulfilling...

13jul23wiz449.jpg
13jul21wiz1004a.jpg

I will have to get pics of Flashi... Here's a headshot of her nap from the same day as Oly was being worked & one visiting the boys thru the fence.

13jul29fla579h.jpg
13jul20fla1726.jpg

and right now, I'm working quite a number of ponies!!

Gosh Paula,when do you have time to sleep???? lol.. You are one busy women.But isn't it funny that a labor of love doesn't feel like work at all.I had someone ask me " You mean when you get off work you have to go to the barn and feed your horses?" My reply " No,I GET to go to the barn and feed my horses." I can't get it through some peoples mind that it is NOT a hobby,it's a life style..It's part of who we are.We're tough..LOL

Latest posts

Back