Wild Night for us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiedoll68346

Reaction score
WOW, what a night, thunderstorms, torrential rain, hail, lightning and then our new colt arrived. His daddy is Lilliput Acres Show me the Bucks (Spider). He is a clone of his daddy. Real happy with him. I stayed up till 1 in the morning on storm/mare watch. I had just laid my head on my pillow when my breeder alert pager went off. So, out I go in my monkey clad pajama pants and a coat into the rain and lightning to rescue momma and baby, their shed was flooded and so we moved them into the horse trailer which was the only dry spot on the farm. Both are doing well, we are so excited to have a Spider stud colt. Will try and post pics later. I go to bed at 3:15 a.m. Gonna be a LONG day. Sorry but I am operating on 2 hours sleep. Hopefully I don't fall asleep at my keyboard today at work, LOL

Barb

DreamCatcher Farms

Dunbar, Nebraska.

Whew! Congrats on your colt!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm glad your power didn't go out so your pager worked!

We were in that storm, too! lol Congrats on your new boy.
default_biggrin.png
That last storm we had a week ago, my fainter goat had quadruplets. We went through five jackets checking on her that night. Gotta love Nebraska weather.
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your new little one! Glad everything went well.

Gonna be a LONG day. Sorry but I am operating on 2 hours sleep. Hopefully I don't fall asleep at my keyboard today at work, LOL
I have had a few of those nights and they are ROUGH! Good luck staying upright today.
default_smile.png

Congrats on your new little one! Good 'save'; one of the MANY pluses of having miniature horses is that you can use your horse trailer as a stall!
default_smile.png

Foaling during stormy weather is pretty common; lowering barometric pressure often seems to 'bring on' changes, such as foaling, and less desirable, colics! It can pay to be extra alert to your horses' demeanors during such times.

Margo

congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

so glad all went well. Have had many of those going to work after only a couple hours sleep

must be the excitement of a new one gets you through the day.

It makes an interesting picture for us to think of your Monkey PJ's

Yes, have always been told a storm will bring it on if they are close. My last mare foaled when we had a storm front move in....

Ditto- sure glad your pager went off! Those breeder alerts are so great! Glad everything went well too and will look forward to pics of your new little one! Congrats!!

I was on storm/mare watch also last night here in Kansas.
default_impatient.jpg

Guess its that time of year. I hate storms! :arg!

No foal yet tho. She is 330 today.

Congrats on your new lil one. Look forward to pics.

congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

so glad all went well. Have had many of those going to work after only a couple hours sleep

must be the excitement of a new one gets you through the day.

It makes an interesting picture for us to think of your Monkey PJ's
I am know for my lively pj pants, I have monkeys, tinkerbell, reindeer, ponies, etc., my granddaughter loves my funky pjs

Congratulations on the spider baby. We love spider and did a bit of breeding to him when he was still up at Michele's. I have a 3year spider daughter I named Charlotte's Web of Spider who I will be breeding this year. Is your little guy black?

Looking forward to pictures....Mary

Congratulations on the spider baby. We love spider and did a bit of breeding to him when he was still up at Michele's. I have a 3year spider daughter I named Charlotte's Web of Spider who I will be breeding this year. Is your little guy black?

Looking forward to pictures....Mary
Black as the Ace of Spades, I kinda think I may use that as part of his name!!

Latest posts

Back