Why do some people get bashed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
Hi,

I've read a lot of people's threads that ask for opinions and I can't understand why some people get so mean to other forum members. People need to remember that sometimes when someone is writing a thread, they see it one way in their minds. And some of the people that post are not seeing it like it was meant. Everyone needs to give everyone a chance. After reading some of the replies, I'm kinda affraid to ask for advice or opinions because I wouldn't want to get chewed up over it.

Does anyone else feel the same?
default_frusty.gif
: We come here to share and experience, not to be wrongly judged..

(Now, everyone will come after me now, but I just get upset reading how some people can be.) :eek:

I agree that I've seen some bashing before. However, what I tend to see more of is..... someone asking an opinion, another poster gives their opinion (not in a mean way), then original poster comes back on and gets all defensive and says, "well, your wrong, and blah, blah, blah", then the second poster gets upset and may post in their own defense. Lets face it, if you ask for opinions, be prepared to get the good and the bad. In these circumstances, it seems instead of asking for opinions, the original poster is asking for approval.

One thing that has gotten on my nerves for years here is that a lot of people ask for "opinions" YET they don't really want opinions. They want a pat on the back and to hear "yeah, you're doing it right" or "yes, that horse has perfect conformation".

What I think is people should be very cautious when they ask for opinions and only ask if they are truly open to hearing opinions. Keep in mind, this forum is just like any other place in life. A lot of people will give their opinions but there's a wide range of knowledge to back them up -- from someone who's very poorly enlightened on the subject to those who are very well informed.

Personally, there aren't many things I'd want to open up for public opinions but there are many cases when I go to individuals with knowledge I respect and ask what they think.

From my perspective, many times the opinion threads first start to go south because the original poster doesn't truly want "everyone's" opinion.

I have seen it go many different directions. :new_shocked:

I just try to remember it is just an opinion and helps me see both sides.

The old sayings: Would you like to be right or be happy & How important is it.

Keep posting, I learn something new all the time.

Great and Wonderful Forum: :aktion033:

I've learned a lot through this forum and sometimes these "bashing" posts give me new information. I think if the thread stimulates responses(good or bad) it adds growth. Sometimes the posts get a little personal and that should be curbed. But if someone is truly asking for opinions then they need to be able to take the good with the bad. Otherwise.....why ask?

One thing that has gotten on my nerves for years here is that a lot of people ask for "opinions" YET they don't really want opinions. They want a pat on the back and to hear "yeah, you're doing it right" or "yes, that horse has perfect conformation".
What I think is people should be very cautious when they ask for opinions and only ask if they are truly open to hearing opinions. Keep in mind, this forum is just like any other place in life. A lot of people will give their opinions but there's a wide range of knowledge to back them up -- from someone who's very poorly enlightened on the subject to those who are very well informed.
That is what I most often see too. When asking for an opinion you're always going to get some opinions you like and some you don't like at all. It's one thing to be truly looking for opinions or advice, because you can read through all the replies & take the advice you like and disregard the best. But, if you're just looking for validation for what you're already doing & have no intention of changing, you do have to realize that you're almost certainly going to get some comments that you don't appreciate.

Latest posts

Back