Who has the best price on blades that work?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I just got my double K's back from being serviced, clipping clean horses and my blades are still wearing out way too fast and I'm really sick of this.
default_frusty.gif

I use #10 #15 and sometimes #30

I am body shaving my entire herd last time before winter so I need blades that will stay sharp as long as possible.

I need the best price on clipper blades. Who has them? How much?

Thank you
default_saludando.gif

Ebay......

(Is where i bought all of my blades this year, i paid like $12 new for a blade i would pay $30 for at tsc....)

Last edited by a moderator:
I now get mine at Petedge.com I buy the andies ceramic blades as they seem to last the longest. I think I have some of everyone blades here. I didn't look tonight but they have been about $19.00 for the Andies Ceramics. They have other that are cheaper and some that are more. Shipping is very cheap and quick.

Mark

Another vote for Petedge. I got Wahl blades from them last year and they were very quick with their delivery to Australia, and were an excellent price. I am about to order more blades this coming week for friends of mine.

Horse.com
default_biggrin.png
They don't carry the ceramic blades, but the steel UntraEdge Andis I buy are 16.99. I can clip alot of minis with one set.

Marty, who does your sharpening? How quickly do your blades go dull? Are you running your blades in blade wash (and no I don't mean cool lube) and oiling your blades correctly during use? I own a dog grooming business, so I have to know how to keep up my equipment.
default_yes.gif

Joyce

Marty, who does your sharpening? How quickly do your blades go dull? Are you running your blades in blade wash (and no I don't mean cool lube) and oiling your blades correctly during use? I own a dog grooming business, so I have to know how to keep up my equipment.
default_yes.gif

Joyce
I was just gonna post this same thing. I went to a clinic on "blade care" and really learned a lot!! It's not the brand of blade you use...it's how you use them and how you care for them before/during/after use.

Cool Lube is "bad" for blades. Oil is good. Any type of moisture on your blades will make them rust and/or dull (storing them that way). If the person doing your sharpening does not *correctly* align the blades when putting them back together, they will dull fast!

I used Ft. Worth Shaver in TX and had good results.

Burroughs Electric here in OR is a very helpful dealer, though.

Liz

default_yes.gif

Joyce
I was just gonna post this same thing. I went to a clinic on "blade care" and really learned a lot!! It's not the brand of blade you use...it's how you use them and how you care for them before/during/after use.

Cool Lube is "bad" for blades. Oil is good. Any type of moisture on your blades will make them rust and/or dull (storing them that way). If the person doing your sharpening does not *correctly* align the blades when putting them back together, they will dull fast!
Me too! All very good info above and I want to add that your horses need to be CLEAN before clipping or your blades will go dull quite quickly. If you continue clipping when your blades are HOT they will also get dull more quickly - have a couple sets and just replace them when they get hot.

Latest posts

Back