Where to find narrow breast collar pads?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
I've had Kody's pad situation squared away for some years now but I'll be going back to my leather work harness for educating the two year old next summer and I'd like to buy some new pads in his colors. The fuzzy breastcollar pad I started Kody with was one of those that takes up the whole chest and I know that these days a couple of people are making narrower breastcollar pads that are only a little wider than the breastcollar itself. Where do you find those? Someone said Double Diamond?

I'd love ones made in polar fleece instead of the fake fur too, but that may be asking too much.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

I have made my own breastcollar pads out of polar fleece. If you can sew or know someone who can they are really very easy to do and it is all just straight lines of stitching
default_laugh.png
I folded the ends over and sewed them and then doubled and doubled again the width of it and sewed a rectangle in the middle of all that with heavy coat thread. They last for quite a while, are fully washable and are cheap enough you just toss 'em and make another when they wear out.

I've sewed some that slipped right over the collar. Just basically sew a long tube of fleece (sew padding on one side between 2 fleeces and then sew to a front fleece or...sew on velcro and strap over breast collar). I like the tubes as they don't rip or move when put on. I had breast collar pads move with the velcro straps (of course they were the huge pads too).

Latest posts

Back