Where, oh where.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Simple Life Farm

Reaction score
My friend has a wonderful concrete miniature horse statue in her yard. She can't remember where she got it so many years ago.

I have searched the internet 'til my have crossed eyes
default_wacko.png
:

Does anybody know where I can find one???? Maybe my husband won't mind just one more, since this one won't poop
default_wink.png
:

Thanks,

Kelly

I know that they had some really nice ones at the Miniature Event. He rented them from somewhere near Lufkin. You may want to contact Ray at Wind Flight miniatures and see where he got them. They were simply stunning.

I think they sold one or two at one of the heritage sales over the past couple years. I remember seeing them listed on the sale list on the website at some time.

I would like to have one as well so am kind of interested
default_smile.png

You could see if your actually concrete business carries them. Some in our area do. The place you would go to buy concrete lets say for building houses etc. They may even be able to direct you if they don't.

Hi All,

I have had the concrete horses in my tack shop, they look so very much like a miniature. In fact, the first night we put ours out by the gate; my son-in-law was trying to run them back in the pasture (LOL).. True story!! I will see if I can get more, but they weigh 400 lbs. each, so how about shipping? If interested give me a shout...

Mini Thanks!

Jeannie at Bethel Minis, Tack, and Gift Shop in Ky.

Mine is maybe an inch or two bigger than my pony. I got it at the local feed store, apparently they are made just across the boarder in Indiana (these are, I mean).

We have quite a few concrete shops along the roads where they make all kinds of

concrete statues and decorator things for your gardens. They always have concrete

horses of all kinds. Try looking around your area for garden supplie stores and ask them

where you can find some concrete yard art.

well i don't have a concrete mini horse but i have a concrete mini donkey - there is a shop called The Pottery Place nearby (big yard-type decorating pots), they had a little donkey pulling a cart, and another with 2 baskets hanging off the sides... i wanted JUST the donkey so i asked and lo and behold they special ordered me one :aktion033:

so i would say yeah, good suggestion Marty, try garden shops - ones that sell birdbaths etc.

Look in the yellow pages under "Statuary" or "concrete statuary"....something like that. There used to be a neat place in Oklahoma City on I-135 just north (or maybe south????) of Frontier City that had neat concrete yard art. The things I've seen come just natural concrete so you can paint them yourself. Good Luck!!!!!

I got these by Plainview, Mn, they could probably be shipped somehow if this is the kind you want and you are desperate or rich. Seriously, their's quite a few places around here that sell the cement statues, these came unpainted, they're alot cheaper that way.

farmsignB.jpg

Thanks for all the tips. I live pretty far out, not really many garden shops or concrete places around here. But I will make a trip to Dallas for this!! :bgrin

Thanks for the link, Al. I might have to visit them the next time there is a show there. I can't make it to this one. I appreciate the info, I will check into it. Maybe my search can finally come to an end.

I used to drive by a garden nursery every day that sells them. They always have two or three of them out there.

Anyone know of them in Michigan? I used to see some in a place near Mancelona but I think they went out of business.

You had to mentioon this eh? Now WE want one, ah two!
default_smile.png

Maxine

I was at my friends house tonight that has the mini statue, and her brother was there. He is the one that bought it for her, and he told me where to find it :aktion033:

Looks like my dream of having one will soon come true. Now the hard part, I want to paint it like one of my pintos!!!! This should be interesting.

Latest posts

Back