Where have you had your best luck selling horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaiteraMiniatures

Reaction score
In the area I live in Miniature Horses aren't a breed commonly bred or taken very seriously (the closest Miniature shows are 6 hours away, and we just can't do that
default_wacko.png
). We aren't a big farm by any means, but we are considering the possibility of selling two current horses and buying another broodmare (depending on how this year goes). So, where have you had best luck selling your minis to appropriate homes...your own website, word of mouth, online horse classifieds?

Any help is greatly appreciated
default_wub.png
thanks.

Dreamhorse.com

Equinenow.com

and of course the BEST place is HERE!!! On the Saleboard!!!

Oh, duhh I found it :D haha. I'd call that a classic blonde moment for me
default_rolleyes.gif
lol

Last edited by a moderator:
We're supposed to sell them?
default_new_shocked.gif

Actually, I've not sold any minis, yet, so I haven't advertised that hard. And, the few big horses I've sold, have been sold locally.

I bought one off the Last Chance Auction, and found two through sale board ads (not the specific horses, but the ranch ads).

We're supposed to sell them?
default_new_shocked.gif
Actually, I've not sold any minis, yet, so I haven't advertised that hard. And, the few big horses I've sold, have been sold locally.

I bought one off the Last Chance Auction, and found two through sale board ads (not the specific horses, but the ranch ads).
LOL I wish we had enough land to kee them all
default_laugh.png
but thanks I think we're going to put them up on the saleboard evenually
default_smile.png
well...maybe not our gelding haha
default_biggrin.png

I haven't sold a thing, but I found 5 of my 6 minis here on the sale board. The 6th one I got from a friend... who I believe found her here.
default_wink.png

Oh my stars Chandab, you cracked me up big time!!! "We're suppose to sell them???" I laughed so hard at that and when I told my husband what I was laughing at he said, "She sounds just like you." I never sell mine until I absolutely have to due to some financial obligation.

Seriously, I have been raising miniatures for 8 years now and I have sold almost every one of them as a result from my ads on this Saleboard. Make sure you have a nice website with pictures and information on every horse for sale. I know for myself I wouldn't be near as successful with my little horse business if it wasn't for Mary Lou's Saleboard and Mona making my website. I do sell some of my colts locally to loving pet homes but most of my mares and fillies get sold on the Lil Beginnings Saleboard.
default_smile.png

As a buyer I found my first mini in the local newspaper classifieds. The next I found through my (now defunct) links page. I found them on personal farm web sites. I do believe I found one by looking through LB breeders connect. Finally, my last was a consignment from a different farm. The e-mail loaded into my junk mail box. I investigated (googled) and found where he was located and got in contact with the seller. I do believe in order to have success, you need to advertise on as many places as you possibly can. Even at feed and tack store bulletin boards.

you need to advertise on as many places as you possibly can.
Exactly, our first horse was found through a local newspaper ad, then an internet ad found our next one. Some were found on farm websites, some were on Lil Beginnings sale board ads and LB Last Chance Auction. It is finding what you are looking for and we all look numerous places when we are searching. Word of mouth in your area is great too, the feed store bulletin board usually has horses for sale, and your farrier will probably know a lot of leads too.

Right here in LB but I also like horsetopia and dreamhorse, lots of good luck with horsetopia. Nothing beats the LB saleboard though...

Latest posts

Back