When line breeding works

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
We put SF Mahogany Bay out with his dam and a 1/2 sister last year and here are the results. The best foals we have ever produced for sure and we are so happy we are trying again. We never thought his dam would conceive, she had been open for years, had no luck breeding her so we figured she was done. At the age of 25, she came through in a big way! FILLY!!!!
default_wub.png

CurlyTemple1.jpg

CurlyTemple2.jpg

His 1/2 sister, SF Smokes Reflection also had a great colt.
default_wub.png

Foghat1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Million dollar question.

His dam has a blue eye and a star and that is it. We are guessing the color comes from her sire's background. We were very surprised when she delivered a splash overo!

Your breedings would not be classed as linebreeding, but inbreeding. That said, inbreeding is a great way to set type in a breeding programme, if the horses used are excellent examples of their breed. Lovely babies you have there and as they grow, you will no doubt, see they will resemble very closely, one horse or another in their background. Inbreeding, (in spite of what many think) is not necessarily a bad thing. Keep us posted with pics of your new kidlets.

As a side note, you might want to resize your pics before posting. Some computers or those on dial up, might take an age to download. Resize to about 450 along their longest side before posting.

Lizzie

They are gorgeous and man do LOVE that filly! She is really stunning.

Pics aren't big for me-can't make everyone happy ;)

Beautiful! Love them both, but the colt's head looks amazing. Congratulations!

And yes, the pics did take a while to load ;)

Pictures are absolutely huge for me & are not loading at all (dial up) so I can't see.
default_sad.png
All I see is a bit of the top edge of the photos, and on one it loads far enough that I see a set of baby ears and that's it.

I shrank them to 25% of their original size.

We are thinking the filly will mature 32 - 33"

That works much better, thank you! The photos came up instantly this time!

Nice foals--I especially like the colt. Those eyes are very striking & he's a very sharp colt overall.

Wow they are both stunning
default_smile.png

Keep doing it
default_smile.png

Susan O.

Really nice babies Jody!
default_aktion033.gif

That filly sure has some legs!

But I love the colt!! His dam for sure is Splash with that blue eye. That's all it takes!

Congrats!

wow love those long legs !! congratulations
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Im glad I came back for a second look ... the pics did download for me the first time but they were so huge I couldnt make out what was what - they didnt fit on the page

Wow, that filly's legs go on for ever and your colt is just stunning.... Congratulations.

I gave up first time around. The size of the photos defeated me. Glad I came back for another try.

Latest posts

Back