What to do with Show Ribbons?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

I have everything from the simple strips from the Julep Cup to pretty rosettes to neck sashes from regionals. Does anybody know if there is a way to recycle these? Any place I can donate them?

I'm keeping the World neck sashes
wink.gif

What I do...

Generic ribbons can be given to any horse club to use again.

Ribbons specific to a club can be sent back to them to use again.

Rosettes can be recycled by removing the center button and replacing it if you have a button maker or sent to someone who does.

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]

You can donate the ribbons to a retirement home where they many times make items from them.

With the exception of a handful of special ones, we give all our ribbons and trophies to the local 4H club for their fun shows.

I give many back to clubs who leave boxes for that purpose by the out gate. I stopped picking up ribbons from the Pinto shows years ago and still have the ones from 2 or 3 years ago hung in my tack room. They aren't dated. Others I give to a friend for her "Fun day" horse shows and the kids don't care what the ribbons say on them. I also save the memorable ones (I have some from 1960!!!) and SOME DAY I am going to have a quilt made from them.

We donate them back to the club as we leave. Lately Lizzie has been keeping them and is going to ask her grandmother to make her a quilt with them. She already has a curtain made from ribbons!

Latest posts

Back