What shows in PA, OH, WV, NY for 2009

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
Please let me know what AMHR shows are in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and New York this year.

I know there is one in Hookstown, one in butler, a drake county fair in Ohio that someone told me was rated, the Ohio world show, the keystone classic and a few others.

I previously had info on these shows in an email, but my email "crashed" and I lost my list of all of the shows close enough for me to attend.

Please only let me know about AMHR rated shows, and those in my area.

(and yes, this does mean that I will have a new show horse this year, you'll just have to wait and find out who I pick out of those I have narrowed it down to)

They have a few listed on the website...direct link @ http://shetlandminiature.com/Admin/Upload_...per%20links.pdf. I am pretty sure that is not the complete list as....

Greenville Ohio like the last weekend of May

Then Ashland Ohio second weekend in June

Then Greenville Ohio agian around late June

Then Urbana Oh early July

Then Ohio World Show towards end of July.

Then Congress, indiana.

Then Greenville ohio agian for the Darke County Fair, yes rated.

Also, there is the Derby City show in Kentucky i want to say sometime in early May? Then the area II show is going to be up in Michigan this coming year the week after the Ashland Show (like mid june...sorry i cannot think of the actual dates off the top of my head). April 18th (or 19th?) in Indiana AMHR only. I know of a few more in PA too but not sure on the estimated dates.

Just to give you an idea....we are so lucky over this way to have so many shows just within a three hour driving distance..its really nice compared to those driving a good 7+ hours to each show.

There is an AMHR show at the Bloomsburg fairgrounds usually at the end of May/beginning of June. You can check for updates on the keystone miniature horse club's website, just google it.

Carolyn

The show in bloomsburg is the keystone classic. This is going to sound stupid, But I just want to verify - Can I still show at shows like the keystone classic even though I am not a member of the keystone miniature horse club? Also, can i show in say, area 2 shows if I actually live in area 1. I thought I could, but I wanted to make sure.

Butler Pa might not be having their show, I was told that today from someone and I am waiting to hear if it is true from the previous years show managers that I have a call into today to confirm so.

Randolf Ohio usually is the middle of May, no word on this show as of yet.

Bloomsburgh Pa is June 6th - pending approval

Ashland Ohio is the weekend of June 12th - pending approval

Meadville Pa is usually at the end of June, no word on this show as of yet.

July 3-5th is Area I Regionals in Harrington Delaware on the ASPC/AMHR site - pending.

July 18th possible for Hookstown Pa.

Ohio State Fair (Ohio World Championship Show) on the ASPC/AMHR site as July 21st thru 24th - pending.

New York Breeders is the middle of May at Syracuse, there is a few other New York shows on the ASPC/AMHR website, and July 11th is a ASPC/AMHR show in Holley NY and another NY show ASPC/AMHR the first weekend in August being the same time is ASPC Congress is going on in Cloverdale Indiana and the New York State Fair (AMHR) that is a payback show is towards the 3rd week in August.

Hope this helps, we are trying to make our schedule for shows to attend but will not make a final decision until all are posted on the site of the registy since we do show miniature horses plus our classic, modern and foundation shetland ponies also.

You do not have to be a member of the club to show at Bloomsburgh or any other rated show. And you can show at as many Area shows that you want and don't have to stick to your specific Area. Last year we went to Area II when we are located in Area I, not an issue. Tri-State Miniature Horse Club puts on the Randolf show and Meadville show and we go to both and we are not members of those clubs either.

Just keep checking the registry site for shows approved or check in the Journal for approved shows.
default_smile.png
See you at the shows this year !

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find out about the butler show, please let me know. I'm trying to hit most of the close shows, because what I save in gas money can go towards class fee's

I live in Belle Vernon, PA so anything within 4 hours I consider close.

I'm hoping to purchase a new trailer in the spring, I sold mine last summer because I needed the money, and wanted to get a new trailer this year anyway. Hoping to get a new one around tax time, because it's about impossible to hitch a ride to a mini show, my big horse trainer generally dosent want to haul 4+ hours to a mini show, and depending on which weekends they are showing the big horses, sometimes it can be hard for me to borrow a trailer.

I have my doubts about the Butler Show, I have calls into about the Meadville and Randolf show, but no returned calls of yet, I think there will be alot of shows cancelled due to the economy situation that is going to force people to travel more to other shows. I am not located far from you and we have a full trailer every show we go to, I really would like to have a larger one to haul more than 6, perhaps someday.

The show in bloomsburg is the keystone classic. This is going to sound stupid, But I just want to verify - Can I still show at shows like the keystone classic even though I am not a member of the keystone miniature horse club? Also, can i show in say, area 2 shows if I actually live in area 1. I thought I could, but I wanted to make sure.
You do not have to be a member of the Keystone Miniature Horse Club in order to show at the Keystone Classic. Everyone is welcome.

You also do not have to be a member to show at one of our fun shows. Where else can you play "musical bags" with your mini? There are driving, halter, showmanship, and performance classes in addition to some fun classes. This spring's show is on Sunday, April 26th.

For more information, please visit the KMHC website at www.KeystoneMHC.com.

I have received a showbill from the NOrth Allegheny Horsemen's Assoc for their show in Valencia, Pa. Two judge. May 2 2009 I think this used to held in Butler several years ago but has moved to a new facility. Always a nice show.

Arlene

The Valencia show formally that was the Butler show is a go for Sat May 2nd with showbills already mailed out last week, the Hookstown show normally held middle of July is not going to happen this year. There will not be a Randolf show in Ohio this year for the AMHR but there is one at Randolf for the AMHA people in May.

There is also the Delmarva Spring Classic (?) in Harrington, DE on June 6-7. Don't know where in PA you are, so that may be too far, but there are usually a fair number of people from PA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning to be at the Valencia show if all goes right. We just got a new trailer that still needs a little more work before I can haul in it (I need to add something above the back ramp to make sure no one jumps out, since its open after about 4' up). If not I'm going to see if someone from where I board can haul me, not sure if they will or not though as everyone there shows quarter horses, and Im not sure they will be nuts about staying at a mini show all day. How long do the shows usually last? I was mailed a show bill for the Valencia show, but haven't got it yet to see how many classes there are.

I'm also planning to do the keystone classic, ashland ohio, and the world show, then some local open shows for cheap practice.

I know of shows here in NY, if you check out my website, and on the show page, is a list of ALL the shows in NY that will be held this year, of course there will be a few cheaper fun shows as well, not sure of the dates or where, Horseshue Miniatures

I believe they also have the show bill on the keystone miniature horse club website now.

(It's a show I'm planning on attending)

We got ours for Ashland Ohio, Meadville, Bloomsburgh, Valencia so far and have all paperwork ready to be sent in to the show managers and we are waiting on some other showbills to come yet.

Some showbills you do have to get off line like the Ohio World Championship Show. See ya' all
default_smile.png

Just found out we might not be making the Valencia show on 5/2. My father in law is going to be hunting, and is taking the truck so I have no way to haul out. It's a pretty big bummer since entry fees for this show were $15 per class, stalls $35 for friday night and saturday, $25 for just saturday, or $10 for saturday night which includes bedding, and they have hunter which it seems the other close shows dont have.

I have to check with a friend about hauling me out, but right now it looks like we're probably not making it. Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed.

Latest posts

Back