What is your favorite horse color?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite horse color?

• Bay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

• Chestnut or Sorrel

• Silver Bay

• Silver Dapple

• Palomino

• White or light grey

• Buckskin

• Grulla

• Total voters

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
I know I don't have paints or appys but lets go with base colors here. I'll start out with Silver Bay! :bgrin Especially with a white blaze, socks and blue eyes!

At this point, I cannot think of any color I haven't seen on a nice horse and liked. So, I guess now, I like all the colors. My favorites though are cream dilutes and silver dilutes. All my mares except for one are either cream and/or silver dilute. The one who isn't is a bay leopard (couldn't resist her)! My specific favorite colors are perlino, buckskin, and silver dapple black.

My favorite horse color changes like the wind. I used to LOVE buckskins, had to have one one day. Well now I have (counting in head) four.

I voted for chestnut. I love a nice rich red horse. I also like the color possibilities you can get when breeding them since they can only contribute the red gene you can narrow down your color posibilities. Since Mr. Jinx is 100% a dilute thrower, I am thinking I'm sure to get a palomino out of Rhythm next year. Now that I have put that in black and white, It'll be black.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Oh, maybe it'll just be chestnut. :eek:

I like solid colored horses. Blacks, buckskins, and some of the silvers such as a nice bright silver dapple or silver bay, sometimes a nice bright chestnut is attractive, too.

I don't prefer bays (very common color) or pintos or appies.

Andrea

I prefer the solid colors of buckskin, black, bay. palomino, .......and they must be shiney! Mary

awwww We can't pick multiple colors
default_sad.png
LOL JK I am a sucker for those dilutes & duns
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: I voted for Grulla, Now I am asking myself, Should I have done Buckskin or Palomino???? LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Great poll
default_wink.png
:

I'm afraid I can't answer!

I LOVE a healthy shiney coat, no matter what its color! It's whatever catches my eye with its beauty.........and of course, it's conformation!

MA

With two silver dapple pinto studs, two solid silver dapple mares (as well as 3 bay pinto mares and 2 solid sorrel mares) can you guess what colour we're kinda partial to?!!?
default_yes.gif
: Silver dapples!!

My favorites are not on your chart.

BLUE ROANS are my absolute favorites

Last edited by a moderator:
Bay. With or without white.

Least favorite is silver bay, which is what I keep ending up with, lol.

Someday I WILL have myself a lovely bright red bay with a jet black mane and tail. I swear I will!

I have to sit back and laugh at myself for this one, i've thought it many times before and still think its funny!

When I first started in mini's, one of my firsts was a rich red chestnut. I don't know what it is about rich coppery reds but they catch my attention...love! Even on people, if I see a woman in a magazine with long, rich copper red, flowing hair...I can't help but stop and stare. Something about the rich red shade really catches my eye!

However, I swore I would never get another because I just didn't like how common sorrels and chestnuts were.

Well phooey! I went and got another sorrel and every day I just love how rich her color is! I LOVE SORRELS AND CHESTNUTS! There, I said it =)

I really like every color...buckskins, oh and silver bays are definitely on my list with their rich redness and bold darker points...but I can't help but notice I always single out the RED HEADS!!!!!

default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back