What is your favorite craft / Hobbie?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphynx~n~minis

Reaction score
Hi,

Whats your favorite Craft? Lets see some pictures!

I was wondering if anyone on the forum does Needle Felting?

I started it about 2 months ago and these are my first 2 peices. I love to do crafts but get board with them very easy. It is a very fun craft and is the best discovery I have made, and fell apon it by accident. I think I like it because I can name them when I am done.
default_yes.gif
Some of my other crafts are Indian beadwork and some rubber stamping.

First is "Chester" the Chinese Crested.

015.jpg

Next is "Buster"

023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow those are pretty NICE!!! I have not checked out needle felting...I think I may have to look into it. Right now my favs have to be soaping and decoupage. I like to decoupage animals themed wood pieces. I used to do Native American crafts including jewlry and dream catchers and mandellas. My family and I are gearing up for our big craft fair in the fall!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

I like to embroidery and sew. I crochet occasionally and at one time I could knit but I don't think I could now.

I am
default_yes.gif
enjoying learning to needle felt. We brought our own alpacas last fall and had the first shearing this spring. Hoping to get my first yarns and roving back in late Aug, can't wait. I've down a few alpacas and snowman so far. We will be opening a small farm shoppe and I'll be sell my products. I want to do a horse next. Last night I decides to take a cookie cutter and use as a template for a flat horseshead. Worked pretty good. I'll have to take a picture and post. Keep up the felting.

I'm not sure if you would technically call it a craft, but I love to tie flies for fly fishing.

Machine embroidery, soaping, crocheting, needlepointing, counted crossstitch, you could say I've not found a craft I dont like! Kathy

I love to knit...but usually only in the winter time during hockey season....summer is just too hot and busy to pull that stuff out!
default_smile.png

I also cross stitch, hook rugs and I soooo used to enjoy tatting....I have to get back into that, it's been sooo long since I did any....

It seems my life is ALL crafts & hobbies (I'm a saddler, so do a lot of leather work, hand stitching and the like)!! LOL But I do enjoy working with my hands!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

AWWW the Chinese Crested is adorable (I have two real ones so anything Crested related catches my eye).

I do a lot of different crafty things, but my current obsession is gourds! I know, it sounds crazy but I have become very obsessed. I used to draw but I have problems with my hands and holding a pen or pencil hurts and I don't have the fine motor control I used to have. So I have been trying other things and have a lot I like to do (like sew, and loom knit) but the gourds kind of fell into my lap and now I am just nutty about it. I'm growing my own gourds for the first time this year so hopefully will have some of my own to craft with next year. This year I am keeping busy with ones I have bought or been given.

These are some of my projects so far, some are not finished because I am still slowly stocking up on supplies:

This one is going to have a little birds nest and a fake bird in it. I just got bored and started drawing on it with a fat marker:

DSCF0736.jpg

A water bottle and cup for my husband to use when he helps out at the black powder shooting club during their primitive shoot (still need a cork for the top, this is what got me started in gourds):

DSCF0739.jpg

This isn't a very good picture because it was still drying but this is a votive candle holder:

DSCF0754sm.jpg

He still needs to be painted:

DSCF0752.jpg

My first snowman:

DSCF0763.jpg

A hanging bowl, my first try using wood burning to decorate, I am keeping my blades, files, paintbrushes and sand paper pieces in this for working on gourds, hehe (please forgive my hideous wallpaper, it was here when I bought the place, lol. and I got some polyurethane on the wall so it has shiny spots. I need a better work area that I can't mess up when I get a little crazy with the art supplies!):

DSCF0767sm.jpg

Hi,

Whats your favorite Craft? Lets see some pictures!

I was wondering if anyone on the forum does Needle Felting?

I started it about 2 months ago and these are my first 2 peices. I love to do crafts but get board with them very easy. It is a very fun craft and is the best discovery I have made, and fell apon it by accident. I think I like it because I can name them when I am done.
default_yes.gif
Some of my other crafts are Indian beadwork and some rubber stamping.

First is "Chester" the Chinese Crested.

015.jpg

Next is "Buster"

023.jpg
omg, i love t that
default_yes.gif
very nice creations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back