What is the differnce

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieb

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I am wondering what the differnce is between a frosted white and a Ivory? they both are blue eyed right??[/SIZE]
default_unsure.png
:

No, they are not the same. A ivory will have pink skin and light blue eyes. A frosted white will usually have some roaning color mixed in ithe hairs, but they could of greyed out so you dont really see them
default_unsure.png
: , making the frosted spotted white look white. If you look close at a frosted white, you will see that they have dark eyes, dark eyeliner, and dark skin which could have some spotting in it. A good example of a frosted white would be Casper (no, not my Casper, mine is a blue eyed ivory :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: ) but Casper at Carousel Gardens. :bgrin Here is her website. www.carouselgardens.net someone correct me if I am wrong here..but didnt the frosted spotted white use to be called a few spot white??
default_unsure.png
: Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm so glad you started this thread. I've always wondered what color you would call my donkey and now I'm wondering if she is a frosted spotted white! Do you think so? Here's her pic:

180760560.jpg

Baby Daisy is shedding out to look just like her mom. Most people wouldn't be able to tell them apart here pretty soon!

Jayne

Baby Daisy is shedding out to look just like her mom. Most people wouldn't be able to tell them apart here pretty soon!
Jayne
Wow, they are both SO pretty!! :new_shocked:
default_whistling.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

default_yes.gif
: Ya never stop learning on this forum !

*Jayne...you have such pretty girls
default_wub.png
:

How old is she? Do you have a close-up pic of her?
default_yes.gif
: (real close-up... :bgrin ) Both are very nice looking
default_wub.png
: Ce

If you look on my mini donkey page you will see the Ivories I have.....They have really light blue eyes, Some Frosted Spotted I have seen with Dark blue eyes, but as Corinne mentioned, the Ivories have Light blue eyes and PINK skin.......I also have had Ivory spotted foals, but they always have PINK Skin and pale blue eyes....
default_yes.gif
:

No, they are not the same. A ivory will have pink skin and light blue eyes. A frosted white will usually have some roaning color mixed in ithe hairs, but they could of greyed out so you dont really see them
default_unsure.png
: , making the frosted spotted white look white. If you look close at a frosted white, you will see that they have dark eyes, dark eyeliner, and dark skin which could have some spotting in it. A good example of a frosted white would be Casper (no, not my Casper, mine is a blue eyed ivory :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: ) but Casper at Carousel Gardens. :bgrin Here is her website. www.carouselgardens.net someone correct me if I am wrong here..but didnt the frosted spotted white use to be called a few spot white??
default_unsure.png
: Corinne
[SIZE=14pt]I was on a web site and there was a white donkey and they said it wasn't a frosted because it had brown eyes..so that is where i got confused..not knowing they should have blue eyes..it made me wonder what is the difference between the two....Thanks all for your wealth of knowledge it is so fun to learn.
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Wow, I'm so glad you started this thread. I've always wondered what color you would call my donkey and now I'm wondering if she is a frosted spotted white! Do you think so? Here's her pic:

180760560.jpg

Jayne
[SIZE=14pt]Jayne what cute kids you have[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
.Julie, ..lol.. :bgrin . there is a differance between a FSW (frosted spot white) and a WHITE donkey :eek: . White donkeys have brown eyes, a few FSW have had DARK blue eyes. There is a guy not far from me who has a white jack, mini. Easy way to remember is a IVORY always has PINK skin, with light blue eyes.
default_yes.gif
: Color genetics just keeps getting better and better :eek: :no:
default_wink.png
: :new_shocked: Ce

Back