What is he?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallynoeBaby

Reaction score
Ok this is not a mini question i just don't know who to ask. I bought a pony off a man which i though was going to be 13 hands but looks only about 10. Thats another story a very lo ng one so i will leave that out. But anyway he is a two year old gelding. He is strawberry roon colour. And he is so cute. :bgrin
default_wub.png
: I do not know what breed he is and i cannot find out from the owner as they didn't have a clue about horses. He has no papers with him. He is very thin, not because he was malnurised just because he has a thin fine boned body. I will put a picture of him up as soon as i get one. But what i want to know is if anyone could help me find out what breed he is, like if anyone knows a place to look up breeds or anything i really do not know were to look at all.
default_unsure.png
:

ummm. you could post this on the pony forum, but it will get more replies here. unless one of the mods moves it, which might happen.

okay, here is a link to a site that tells a bit about each breed and stuff. hope it helps. if you think you know what he is, tell us! i will do the same.

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/horses/

okay, it will take a few clicks, but hopefully you'll find one that looks like him. will be of more help once i see his picture.

edited to say i just noticed it is on the pony forum. okay, thought someone would move it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely he will end up being a Grade Small Pony.

Basically, if you could find a breed he could resemble that would be as close as you could get. He can be just about anything but a Shetland, being that to be a Shetland they must have the Shetland bloodline through ASPC.

My Joey is 40'' and unreg., i call him a grade small pony. He's chestnut but i beleive he has some Welsh in his background and i was told that way waaay back he most likely had some small haflinger in him to. Then add some B size mini and im thinking thats how Joey got here.

Post pics, i'm sure someone could help you.

Leeana H.

Latest posts

Back