what is chewing at my guys face

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you changed hay lately? I had changed from grass/alfalfa to Teff hay. After about 4-5 weeks I had one mare colic 3x's and one mare looked like tour guy except she had it all over her body. I got rid of every bit of the teff hay I had (got 1/2 as much as I paid for it) and put them all back on grass/alfalfa and no more colic and the other mare cleared up in about 3-4 days and was none the worse for the wear.

Have you changed hay lately? I had changed from grass/alfalfa to Teff hay. After about 4-5 weeks I had one mare colic 3x's and one mare looked like tour guy except she had it all over her body. I got rid of every bit of the teff hay I had (got 1/2 as much as I paid for it) and put them all back on grass/alfalfa and no more colic and the other mare cleared up in about 3-4 days and was none the worse for the wear.
my guys are on no hay right now and have been grazing during the days in their corrals -- do not start to introduce hay again for another month so by the time winter is here they are use to it / I feed timothy brom through the winter then slowly back on to grazing again on grass

Latest posts

Back