What do you think? 2yr old halter gelding...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
Make a Wish Whammy's Designer GenesIMG_3488.JPGIMG_3493.JPG sorry for the messy backround....we are building my nana's house...

If you were judge, what do you think?

What do you like?

What do you think i should work on or correct?

Of course, his mane needs maitnence lol

I am planning to show him in 2yr old halter class...maybe

He won Youth halter with my cousin this summer...and Devil and i went into a championship round or something at the same show....

I think he will do well all clipped up for you.

Keep him exercising until the shows... And have fun!

I've never showed but he is lovely. Forgive my ignorance but why does everyone use that stance when showing their minis, the lean to the side, elbow up, instead of just standing straight on holding the food out in front?

I think he is a nice looking gelding. I would work on sweating his neck. Get a jowl and neck wrap. And just get him in condition. Overall he is in nice weight and nice looking.

You should have fun showing him.

I've never showed but he is lovely. Forgive my ignorance but why does everyone use that stance when showing their minis, the lean to the side, elbow up, instead of just standing straight on holding the food out in front?
I used to stand in front, like i taught my cousin to do with the same horse hereIMG_2718.JPG

They won youth, but he didnt arch his neck really good but that was her first show ever!!! She did awesome!!!

When i saw Nationals, i had the same thoughts you had, "why do they do that?" Then i did it as a joke when practicing around, and my parents and i were suprised that he arched his neck. I did it over and over, and hes not at all perfect, but he is better that he was before.

I think he is a nice looking gelding. I would work on sweating his neck. Get a jowl and neck wrap. And just get him in condition. Overall he is in nice weight and nice looking.

You should have fun showing him.
Thanks we have a show next month YAY!! SUPER DUPER excited!! Yes, i need a neck wrap lol. im buying one at the show, it wont help but at least he will have one! Thanks for the advice
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back