What did Santa bring you for Christmas?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everyone! We did our Christmas presents last night because we have to work today.

What did you get? I'll start by saying hubby and I didn't exchange this year, it's just the two of us and we always buy whatever we want anyhow, plus we have a big trip coming up in March and are saving for that. My parents and one sister are struggling financially so I told them to not buy for us, I did buy for them though. My other sister is in real estate so you know she is not doing real great either, she did buy us a pair of waterproof 26 mile 2 way radios that I wanted for up at our camp.

All our family is out of state so just us. I didn't even put up a tree this year since we are doing some remodeling, it would of just been in the way.

The inlaws are always good to us on Christmas and from my hubby's parents and two sisters I got alot:

matching necklace/earings/bracelet

3 shirts

silk scarf

nintendo ds game

lotions/makeup/nail polish/fancy body and hand washes

weather station

chocolate

lots of socks (which I always need socks so that good)

Chanel purse with matching wallet (I have a fetish for purses so I was tickled with this)

slippers

pink acer aspire mini laptop (I bought for myself...heehee), got hubby one too but it's on backorder till next week

I think that's about it, which is plenty...I was going to add a pic of me with all the stuff (I took for the MIL) but photobucket is acting up.

So what did you get?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Shih Tzu puppy we named Christmas Holly and a bottle of Tequila Rose.

(after spending the day at my daughters, we changed the puppies name to Cuddles)

Holly8-24-008.jpg

Im sitting here having a bowl of party mix and a Miller Lite, it has to be 5 o'clock some where! We're going to my daughters this afternoon, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Sonya, you must have been very good this year. You got a lot of nice things! My husband bought me a teeny tiny buckskin filly.

3q.jpg

Im sitting here having a bowl of party mix and a Miller Lite
oh lucky you...got to work in 4 hrs so none for me. If you like light beer, Michelob has a new beer out...Michelob golden light, it's really good you should try it!

Your puppy is adorable...tequilla rose...one of my favs!

My husband bought me a teeny tiny buckskin filly.
She's a doll..lucky you!

Merry Christmas!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! This is an awesome Christmas!!!!!!!!! We have 12"s + of snow, the sun is out... I got perfume, the new Fall Out Boy CD, Chocolate Macadamia candy, A NEW SHOW SILVER AND Black HALTER!!!!With a show lead, and halter bag... And two new blankets and a barn halter. They are going to look sharp!!!!! Oh and wait,,, wait.... I got a pair of used Double Ks that is awesome condition. So that if my others die a horrible death before a show,,,, we are covered. Made me happy!

Merry Christmas to you all!

That filly is absolutely adorable and the puppy is soooo cute!

I got a headstall for Zeus that will actually fit so I get to train him to drive in the spring, new sheets for my dorm room, a blanket, a wireless mouse for my laptop, a bunch of brainteasers, an abercrombie and fitch gift card, and an umbrella.

Well i actually bought myself an early christmas gift, a chinese crested puppy for Sassy (my shih tzu) and I ..

1xcc.jpg

I got a new set of Double K Clippers, with the long 20ft cord, which came at no surprise as i was the one who had to order them as my parents did not even know where to start looking for them, so helped them along with the process
default_smile.png

Then some lotion & spray baskets, subscription to Miniature Horse Showcase (also, came at no surprise as i helped them along with that one too...), dad ordered me a set of the Baracuda nippers back last month, then some jeans, tshirts and other little things.

Brother bought me a 10ft bunk feeder and got my car fixed last week, other brother im not sure as they are on there way over for dinner right now.

The dogs got more chews and toys then you would believe
default_wacko.png
, i did not relize i had bought them THAT much, i just picked up little things along the way and those really added up. Sassy got a new sweater as did Jesse too
default_smile.png
. Jesse gets his other present tommarow, a clip job
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE[/SIZE]...Santa brought me a new computer with a 24" screen, a cricut expressions machine, bathrobe, some fleece pullovers. He also brought alot of horse and dog gifts. I LOVED everything. Santa has been very good to us. Now, I just wish peace and happiness to the world.

Well my husband gave me money to buy horse panels.
default_smile.png

My parents gave me a painting(check video/photo page), a camcorder(for hubby and I), some pajamas, joggers, socks, undies, bathroom essentials, chocolate, pringles chips, calculator, coffee mugs and some books.

My in-laws got me a sewing machine, a snowman nicknack, and a $80 gift certificate to the local feed store.

My older brother gave me a $20 gift certificate to Wal-mart.

Then I got a leadrope, horse christmas lights, maternity shirts, more chocolate, a LED light for reading books, and a christmas horse tree ornament. This was from my other brother and my 2 brother in laws and their families.

I'll have fun with the camcorder and sewing machine and the horse panels will come in really handy as will the gift certificate to the feed store. I love everything I got.
default_smile.png

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! This is an awesome Christmas!!!!!!!!! We have 12"s + of snow, the sun is out... I got perfume, the new Fall Out Boy CD, Chocolate Macadamia candy, A NEW SHOW SILVER AND Black HALTER!!!!With a show lead, and halter bag... And two new blankets and a barn halter. They are going to look sharp!!!!! Oh and wait,,, wait.... I got a pair of used Double Ks that is awesome condition. So that if my others die a horrible death before a show,,,, we are covered. Made me happy!
I got folie a deux to!!
default_smile.png

♥FOB♥

I got

CDs

I carly stuff

Earings

Webkinz

Vera bag

and more....

i got alot of nice things from hubby and relatives but one present really made me cry.

my sister lost her sr.mare this year that was her one horse of a lifetime, and i could not beleive it happened, shortly after she stepped out of the minis, and went back to her big horse.. anyway the only things she had kept of her goldust was her show halter and her performance show halter, i could not beleive she gave them to me and joe for christmas all in a nice burgundy halter bag.. this present was more than appreciated but will be treasured for ever, and i will protect them with my life... THANKS AGAIN SIS

angel

My parents got hubby and I a GPS. I'm always getting lost, and then I pull over on the road and call my mom crying that im lost, lol. Did it a few months ago when I thought I was lost. Turns out I wasn't, just didn't realize where I was. So, this was a perfect gift.

Hubby got me a shirt I really wanted. My sister and brother in law are paying for my cat to get neutered, and my in laws got me a thermal compression shirt, wool socks, hot hands hand warmers and foot warmers (for the barn) Then some body washes and a loofah, My great aunt got me a cookie jar, and my grandma got me a gift card.

Harvey and I are the same way with exchanging gifts as Sonya and her husband. We usually just spend time together being lazy and going out to eat, etc., the week between Christmas and New Years. Usually we will pick out a big something we both want as well but this year, I cannot think of a thing and neither can he.

That said, our best Christmas gift was our shih-tzu puppy, Watson. We picked him out and got him early, but he was my parents gift to us for Christmas and he is the best Christmas present of all time!!!
love0075.gif

From family members, I also go:

• Lotions
  • Cookies
  • Socks
  • Drinking glasses
  • Zip up robes (love them)
  • Down vests
  • Toys for the fur son
  • Money

Watson-121308-033.jpg
Watson-121308-020.jpg

One funny thing... Harvey and I gave my sister's boys a portable DVD player for kids and then another small gift each. Jonah, the oldest, we thought would go nuts over the DVD player and so did Robin. However, he was far, far more taken by the $15 kids binoculars than with the DVD player!!! Eli was very into this inexpensive, plastic "saxaflute", too. Crazy!!!

I got my lap top computer early and on Christmas- Curve-Crush, a blower for the horses, rice cooker, a sweater, some chocolate, horse decorated pj's from Rods.com, a sport chair for the shows that say's "TJ's MINI'S" on it, plus, I got a beautiful purple necklace and earrings from my daughter and grandkids. All and all it was a great Christmas even though I missed my daughter and her kids. TJ

Last edited:
default_risa8.gif
Christmas day was fantastic

Did not have to do the turkey my daughter and son-in-law had supper for us.

Hubby got me a big bin that latches so the horses cannot get into their feed.

& money to go out and buy myself some clothes.

Our youngest daughter Anita with our newest granddaughter Olivia, still exchange gifts.

They got me a nice frame to put all my grandkids pictures all together & Musical Snow Globe.

Christmas will be with the rest of our family Jan. 04th, but we only buy for the grand kids, which is 5 now.. and another on the way March 2009
default_risa8.gif

What did he bring for Yule?

Power outage lasting a number of days

over 2' of snow..... I wanted a white Christmas but that is silly

and the Flu

OK.... the fun part..

my first MP3 player.

i got alot of nice things from hubby and relatives but one present really made me cry.my sister lost her sr.mare this year that was her one horse of a lifetime, and i could not beleive it happened, shortly after she stepped out of the minis, and went back to her big horse.. anyway the only things she had kept of her goldust was her show halter and her performance show halter, i could not beleive she gave them to me and joe for christmas all in a nice burgundy halter bag.. this present was more than appreciated but will be treasured for ever, and i will protect them with my life... THANKS AGAIN SIS

angel

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

You are very welcome!

Latest posts

Back