what can't you stand?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormo41

Reaction score
hey everyone I was just thinking about something that I just cant stand and I though it would be fun if we could all share the things we just can't stand together.

Onions!!! I just can't stand eating an Onion. Now I don't know why, but I just don't like them. I can't eat them no matter how they are done in pasta sauce, breaded rings, on burgers i just can't do it. :new_rofl:

This has lead to problems....really odd problems my family is Italian so that means lots of pasta and yup you got it lost of onions in that sauce. It took ages for my parents to finaly give in and stop cooking with them. I don't know why but I gag if I bite into one and it's been that way ever since I can remember. Now-a-days I'm a good sport about it, and I will try to eat whatever it is thats infront of me that has onions in it but it's still not working. This has also lead to alot of people making jokes about me, and people putting them in my food just to see what I will do.

So now it's your turn what cant you stand?

BEEF TURKEY CHICKEN FISH makes me gag to sometimes even watch other people eat those things..

I am game to try most anything....but I draw the line at "guts" and "parts"......pigs feet, turkey feet, liver, tongue, gizzards, heart,etc...........ackkkk nasty

My daughter has never ever cared for shrimp. We found out in her late teens that she was allergic to it.. Makes you wonder if a terrible dislike of a food is because the body can not / does not tolerate it.. My one no no is raw oysters or fish eggs - no matter what they call them.

Do NOT get me near the organ of an animal.......like Runamuck. ICK.

I also don't like "game" animals, especially venison.

For veggies -- my biggest ICK is okra! EWWWWWW.

MA

For veggies -- my biggest ICK is okra! EWWWWWW
OMG I so can relate to this!!!!
default_shutup.gif
: Them tiny little filter like hairs going down your throat.... :smileypuke: !!

The same with fatty kinds of skin, chicken, pork chop fat, marbled meat.......
default_wacko.png
:

I also won't eat fish...or seafood that tastes fishy. Hot tea makes me gag...but I can handle cold iced tea. And eggs.....I don't do eggs! :saludando:

Cabbage rolls. That's the first one that comes to mind. We're always having potluck lunches at work. I look at the list of foods people are bringing & I say sorry, that's not real food, I'm not eating it!

I like "normal" ordinary meat--beef, pork, chicken, fish, wild game (be it moose, elk, deer, bison, ostrich, wild boar) but just let it be plain meat. BBQ or sweet & sour sauces are okay but greek pork, meat pies, quiche...that stuff does not count as real food! :no: Squid....is not edible as far as I'm concerned. Blech.

Okay, so I'm a fussy eater!

Oh Boy......I have a list.....LOL

Okra

onions, I can eat them if they are finely minced and cooked. I will not and can not eat them if they crunch.

water chesnuts (what they put in chinese food) that will send me on a bad one, and I dont mean maybe.

any seafood (I am allergic, but the smell just gags me),

organ meats and liverwurst. EWWWWWWW

Also, Lima beans. I thnk it is a texture thing.....oh I am grossed out right now thinking of okra. Sickning. My mom always used to make me eat it.......I would cry and cry and gag and cry some more. My mom was a veg head, and insisted on us kids eating all these weird things. No wonder I dont eat at her house anymore, now that I an adult. LOL

Alicia

Oh my gosh, the first thing that came into my mind was the salmon loaf or salmon patties my Mom used to make when we were growing up......the thought of those still makes me want to upchuck. I know most of the family liked them, but not me.... I think I only like salmon grilled or smoked.....

Tuna Noodle Casserole is another no-no in my book....... ick.

Anything slimy like oysters, another big no-no., and any guts or anything that can taste you (tongue) I am not about to try.

I am not "wild" about wild game either.

Wow, what a fun thread......now I will feel guilty because there are starving children that don't have anything.(I am sure we all got that speech when we didn't like what Mom served for dinner, yes? ...(yes, I know, my Mom's voice is saying this as I type.....I know she is up in heaven scolding me right now)......

OMG, I almost forgot the winter squash....acorn, butternut, etc....that stuff would well up in my mouth ....a teaspoon (we had to have atleast a couple spoonfuls of anything Mom made)....that stuff would just not go down.....can't stand the thought of it to this day.

Wow, with that, I think I had better go......time to start packing for my trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
No fish or seafood here. I can't stand the smell of it. I banned it from the house when I was pregnant and hubby can only make it for himself if I'm on a different level of the house.

No wild game. No matter how it's cooked, it's still nasty.

I'll eat just about anything else.

Hello, thanks to my stomach problem there is a lot that I can not eat. But the things that I can't stand are onions, liver and beets. My sister(who is 18 yrs older than) one time made me eat a whole can of beets heated before I was aloud to leave "her" table. Needless to say, if I even smell beets :smileypuke: !! My food intake is limited so I am trying to think, but these three are at the top of my list..Oh and so are the boby parts of animals,, pig's feet, cow tongue-- just nasty..

Refried Beans.....ick!!!!! :smileypuke:

I had spinal surgery 10 or so years ago, and i swear the only thing they brought me to eat was a broth that smelled just like refried beans

oh, and I am from Norweign ancestry, so at our house we would have Lutefisk on a regular basis (my Dad loved it)

oh, i hated it. It stunk up the whole house.

Fish and seafood just gross me out....bad experience as a kid in school. This mean ole lunch room attendent in elementary school made me eat this fish sandwich (which I insisted wasn't cooked) the smell was horrible and I got so sick. To this day fish or seafood repulse me. To this day I remember that lunch lady and frown! :smileypuke:

Oh and all that blood sausage and brains and weird inerds stuff my older neighbors used to eat when I was a small kid. :new_shocked: Are you seeing a pattern here? :bgrin If I saw it as a little kid.....and it grossed me out.....the feeling is still with me today.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh and who would eat a chicken foot? Do you know where those feet have been? :eek: Recently, a family friend was remembering eating that........I was like yuck.....

When I was a kid...what my Aunt made me eat...I hardly ever eat eggs because of it.

Parts, liver, innards, veal.

Hot tea is nasty to me! Love iced tea though.

NO sugar on meat! IE: honey ham type stuff.

Squash EWW!!

No squid or weird stuff like that. No Chinese food except a fortune cookie and pork fried rice.

I'd starve to death in Japan LOL

I'm very picky. I'm a very good cook and we never eat out.

I grew up with fresh venison. Never cared for it. But I always LOVED the jerky it made!

Well, I am not a picky eater. I like most foods
default_rolleyes.gif
: However, I can't eat shrimp or lobster unless it has been shelled away from my eyes. Those legs just remind me of insects and it makes me feel ill to think about it.

vomit.gif

Hello, thanks to my stomach problem there is a lot that I can not eat. But the things that I can't stand are onions, liver and beets. My sister(who is 18 yrs older than) one time made me eat a whole can of beets heated before I was aloud to leave "her" table. Needless to say, if I even smell beets :smileypuke: !! My food intake is limited so I am trying to think, but these three are at the top of my list..Oh and so are the boby parts of animals,, pig's feet, cow tongue-- just nasty..
BEETS......oh Gross! I forgot about those. And parsnip and turnips. I can barely even type the words........

Do NOT get me near the organ of an animal.......like Runamuck. ICK.

I also don't like "game" animals, especially venison.

For veggies -- my biggest ICK is okra! EWWWWWW.

MA
Mine would be eggs and seafood (cept tuna go figure) but MA! If I cooked my venison stew or my apple honey pheasant for you...you'd love it! Wouldn't ya?
default_wink.png
:

...people who hit, scream at or just ignore their babies. I had to leave a Sears photo studio a few months ago because a woman was slapping the crap out the hand of a 15 month old baby, over and over, because the baby tried to walk out, then cried when her Mom yanked her back, then slammed her into a chair and yelled at her. When she smacked the baby, the baby smacked back (duh) and then she started just hitting her poor little hand HARD, over and over. I stood up, told Mia (loudly) I couldn't stay somewhere where someone was hitting a BABY and we walked out. It made me feel sick to my stomach :no: :no: How can people not understand that babies are BABIES and are precious, not possessions?????

No organs, nothing that swims except for shrimp, oh I can eat Long Johns tho. No game, especially bear!! :smileypuke: coconut (long story from childhood), moldy cheese (like bleu), insects.

People who cannot spell worth a darn and are supposed to be educated! Drives me nuts, sets my teeth on edge.

People who abuse any living being.

Latest posts

Back