What Are Your Favorite Breeds of Dogs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
__hr_Rapha1.jpg

This is Rapha Adoni, he was a red fawn Chinese Shar Pei. we lost him in 2005 at the age of 7 to stomach cancer.

Next is my new heart throb, Shadrach. He is a 3 year old Mini Doxie.

100_6463_2-1.jpg

This is my 5 year old female CSP Jireh's Promise Of Provision.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite Breed is LUCA! Hee hee. Ok his name is Luca and he is a Huskey German Shepher mix. Personality aside, I love the long feathering (probably long haired GSD - love em), the tail that curls up over his back (reminicent of arabians and just seems ellegant especially with his flowing feathering), and his color. His personality cracks me up though he can be a total pistol. He talks to us in yodals and grunts and whines and sighs. He loves to hang out with us and the horses. He helps run the minis by runing along side them and bouncing around. He crosses his front legs when he lays down and he also lays upside down. Hes a nut. and I love him!
default_wub.png
:

I also love my German Shepherd dog Madison. She is a very calm and gentle soul. She looks like a big teddy bear. She can make "the face" on cue. Those really big eyes get even bigger as she looks pathetically up at you. Its really cute whe she goes bouncing across the yard with Luc.

Madi

Madiinsnow.jpg

baby Luca

BabyLuca.jpg

smileing Luca

8cd58881.jpg

His tail is straighter because it was wagging but it curls up right over his back otherwise

luc_front.jpg

d9365b3c.jpg

default_wub.png
:

oh my Watcheye your Luca is a handsome boy! ok, my favorite is MUTTS. we have had lots of different mixes over the years and i love them all. the few prebred dogs we have had, seems like they have all had health problems!

this is my Tank, his mother was yellow lab and australian shepherd, father unknown.

Dogs020.jpg

his niece Shasta, her father is Tank's brother and her mother is queensland heeler and border collie

Dogs012.jpg

and my wee little man Zaccheus, half JRT and the other half pom and chihuahua - this is a baby picture, he is all grown up now almost 2 years old.

ducky.jpg

we also have a brother and sister that are maltese, chihuahua, min pin and "some kind of terrier", and our old man is queensland heeler and beagle. our purebred great dane we got as a free pup has cost us well over $3000 in medical bills so far... and our newest addition is a purebred rat terrier so we are praying that she will NOT take the same path... since we actually paid a decent sum of money for her, maybe we will get lucky! learned that "free pup" lesson, yes we did!!

i will always have and love my mutts, but if money was no object and i could have a guaranteed healthy purebred, i would love to have a Gordon Setter (built like an Irish Setter but with coloring like an Rott or Dobie) and an Irish Wolfhound (because they are so HUGE)

Like a lot of you, I can't pick just one. I've had a large variety of dogs over my life; chows, mutts, pitbull, lab, hounddog, JRT, GSP.

My best buddy ever was my pit cross. Someone dumped him in our garage and we found him the day after Christmas. He was the most loyal dog I've ever owned. He protected me from everything bad. He stayed with me for 12 yrs until his liver gave out.

Now, we have a 13 yr old GSP that has been the sweetest girl ever. MY dog, and probably my 2nd best ever is Baylee, the Bluetick Coonhound. She goes with me everywhere, loves to play and LOVES to cuddle. She's smart as a whip too. I love to hear a hound singing. She gets lots of attention and compliments whenever we go anywhere.

baylee7.jpg

baylee15.jpg

baylee20.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]I LOVE dogs! In my adult life time - so far I have had:[/SIZE]

Doberman Pinscher

American Pit Bull Terriers ( Use to breed and show them ).

Cocker Spaniels

German Shepard

Labrodor Retriever

My favorite breed out of all of these is the Pit Bull - no doubt about it I have never had more loyal dogs, of course they must be raised correctly, as with all protective breeds. Next is the Cocker Spaniel. What little lover's!

I have always wanted a Great Dane, I love all of the big breeds. I have vowed though - to never purchase another dog - there are so many out there waiting to be adopted.

Lori

Such a fun thread! I LOVE dogs of all shapes, colors and sizes! I've had many different breeds over my life time, and I agree, it's all in the individual dog more than the breed.

BTW... I am in love with your dog, Folli! She looks like her whole heart is in making those jumps, just toooo cute!

From the breeds I have had the pleasure to own, my all time, #1 favorite (and will always be) Jynger. She was the strangest looking Pit Bull/ Border Collie cross I have ever seen! As a pup, she looked like a Pit, but she never outgrew that lanky teenage stage as she got older, and never, never grew into her huge, upright ears! She was the oddest color brindle, with every dog color in the rainbow on her you could imagine. Jynger always knew my feelings, and was so in tune with me that we were like one. She was my go everywhere buddy and obeyed every request asked. She was very protective of us, her pack. At the age of 7, She died of an intestinal parasite that the vet wasn't able to save her from. :~(

My 2 runner up dogs are the individual Bull Mastiffs Bravo's Lord Byron of Tueri (AKA: Sam) and Bravo's Treasure Ilan'd (AKA: Onery) which I enjoyed showing and raising a litter from! I had 5 other Bull Mastiffs at the time as well, one being a rescue. They are so much fun, but I wouldn't recommend for a novice dog owner since at 150 lb. plus, they are very powerful and will literally drag you around unless well trained. They are a cousin to the larger, English Mastiff breed.

Then my red fawn Pomeranian, Bravo's Kibbles (AKA: Kibbles) who was 3 1/2 lbs. full grown. I also raised Poms, had 5 of various colors, all Tea Cup. All had wonderful personalities and easily trained. They were alot of fun to have around.

All of the above mentioned dogs have since passed on, mostly due to old age now, and we have 1 very sweet Blue Heeler/Beagle mix that my children love to pieces, and is so naturally well mannered.

Hubby wants an Old English Bull Dog, me, I want to purchase another pair of Bull Mastiffs some day and show once again.

~Karen

Latest posts

Back