westminster dog show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimp

Reaction score
I just watched the videos of the Corgi results. A black headed tri won the Pemmie
default_aktion033.gif
and a Moxie look a like took Cardi
default_aktion033.gif

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2008/...reed/index.html

I used to really enjoy that show. We don't have tv now (only one local channel). Just a few things I miss, and that show is one of them. Seemed like terriers used to be the most frequent winners when I was watching.

I used to show at Westminster when I lived in Connecticut. I actually had two dogs win their classes there many years ago. Now I do not have mch time to watch TV.

all those bunny butts, i LOVE it!! i cannot believe it, a black headed tri!! woohoo!!!

I just watched the videos of the Corgi results. A black headed tri won the Pemmie
default_aktion033.gif
and a Moxie look a like took Cardi
default_aktion033.gif

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2008/...reed/index.html
Yes, Autumn (the attack cardi....LITERALLY), won breed yet again! She is a gorgeous dog...no doubt about it. She is owner/handled, and they are really nice people (met them when I took my trip to IL/IA), but the temperament on that dog. If you watched carefully, you'll notice he was the only handler who didn't go and congratulate the Australian Shepherd.....why not? Because Autumn would have either attacked one of the dogs, or one of the handlers....great promotion to the Cardigan breed eh? :DOH!
default_no.gif
But she is a beautiful example of the breed.

The cardi that went Best Opposite was 'George'. I haven't met him (I know I've seen him once, but don't remember him), but he was doing a lot of winning up here last summer. He 'looks' like a nice dog. One of the Award of Merit cardis I don't agree with...and still don't know why she is winning soo much (other than who is on the other end of the leash). She has a god-awful head, and after watching the footage of Westminster, she has horrible front movement. Just very interesting.....gotta love politics!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

Oh and I was SOOOOOO excited!!! They actually had it on up here this year (on OLN)...last year I had to wait a few weeks, and then they played the first part one Saturday, and the second part the next Saturday!!! :DOH! So I was happy to actually be able to watch it while it was happening!!!!
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

I couldn't stay awake so I recorded it and will watch later. Will record tonight's as well and watch over the weekend.

Can't miss Idol!
default_biggrin.png

We had a little "Westminster watching party" here last night which will continue tonight.

Our "Superbowl", LOL!

I've wasted all morning so far watching breed videos. Need to run out to the store

to refresh the snack supply for tonight. Will be waddling by tomorrow.
default_wacko.png

Shelley

The Best in Show winning 15" Beagle at Westminster is coowned by Jon Woodring of Lucky Four Farms Miniature Horses in Advance, NC.

11 Ch K-Run's Park Me In First

Breed: Beagle, 15 In.

Sex: Dog

AKC: HP 16966001

Date of Birth: May 05, 2005

Breeder: Kathy Weichert & Leah Bertagnolli

Sire: Ch Windkist A Walk In The Park

Dam: Ch Legacy's Lil Secret At K-Run

Owner: Caroline Dowell & Eddie Dziuk & Jon Woodring & Kathy Weichert

Photos: Breed judging / Group judging

Way to go Jon! Bet he is on cloud 9.

any best in show is a dream come true and couldn't happen to a better person.

I am so thrilled for Jon. The dog has been on local news for several days because he has some link to Travis county. Think that his handler lives here or something. I knew that Jon and Wade were some of the world's top breeders of beagles, so had wondered if this one was any relation to theirs. Congratulations!!!

Latest posts

Back