western pleasure driving attire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer

Reaction score
Are hats required in the Western Pleasure driving classes? In the rulebook it says they are optional. I looked at the suppliments to the rulebook and saw nothing that mentioned any change to the option of wearing a hat. Did I miss a rule change??

Thanks

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

I don't believe they are mandatory, but most people do seem to wear them (myself included). You can pick up cheap Western hats in most tourist areas of the South and West. Perhaps you can get one online, maybe Amazon?

I wear one, it completes the ensemble....
default_laugh.png

Most do down here.

Most people wear them here too but in the rule book I believe it said that hats are mandatory for men and optional for women. That was the rule when I looked it up anyways. I always wear a hat though, I just like the look.

I usually wear a hat also. This year I changed my outfit and decided not to wear a hat at the AMHR rated show. One of the judges stated it was manatory to wear a hat, so thank goodness I always have my hat with me in the trailer. Thought maybe I had missed a rule change. Thanks everyone.

Julie

Sounds like your judge needed more education. Surprise, surprise.
default_rolleyes.gif
(Sorry, that was catty. It really irritates me though when judges quote rules without checking them first!
default_frusty.gif
)

Leia

Latest posts

Back