Well Leia, I'm very late on this...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They already exist...you can buy them now. Several EE manufacturers sell them.
default_yes.gif
As I've said, I've seen the ones sold for EE carts and they don't work if the snow isn't packed down -- you may have that, but our snow, when we get it, is generally either powder, very wet, or not deep enough. The narrow runners dig down in that stuff. (We got a play sled with that type of runners when we were kids and NEVER were able to use it...sob) That's why I said wide (like several inches wide) runners attached to an EE, like skis.

Thanks for the link, Wilma -- that's a cute sled and a great price. I'm not certain from the photo if those runners are wide enough.

Lori, I believe we're on the same page but going around in circles. I've had to flit in and out here due to pressing deadlines, so I probably have been clear as mud. Yes, I agree with the metal EE shafts attached to the work sled.

Another route would be to create "skis" for an easy entry cart (or a HyperBike) -- wide runners that would skate over the ground like a sled, but using existing shafts, basket and seat.
As I've said, I've seen the ones sold for EE carts and they don't work
Sorry, didn't remember you saying that... Why not just take a set of old snow mobile skis and have someone make them from that...it would be easy.

Sorry, Sue -- I shouldn't have written while up to my eyeballs in deadlines...I wrote that in a rush and I wasn't exactly clear.

That is a good idea about the skis.

I can find that out for you! I will email the friend of ours that has it and get back to you.
I emailed my friend and she put me in contact with the owner of the red sled in the Mischka photo. Here is what she said:

"It is a old wood or stone boat that was made by [my husband's] dad, 45 years ago, my husband made the shafts. He is a great person for making sleds and carts, he puts his heart into his work."

So there you go. It is homemade from Wisconsin.

Myrna

Latest posts

Back