Well Annie had the first donkey baby of the Summer!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
default_wub.png
: Classic Corners VIVA LAS VEGAS "Viva"

Born at 12:30 this morning :aktion033: which also happens to be Kari's Birthday! (my Hee Haw Sis - who owns Anne Margaret)

VivaandAnne.jpg

She is SO petite compared to her 1/2 sister Memphis - who is not yet 4 months old and almost as big as her momma and as you can see Memphis Belle is looking quite brown.

memphis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh!!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

So sweet!!!! she is adorable :bgrin

Oh isn't she cute, and leggy!!!!! I have two making bags right now.....All the horses are done, just waiting on the jenny's like usual!
default_wacko.png
:

Congrats!

CONGRATS on a adorable looking foal.
default_wub.png
: Glad to hear everything went well, :aktion033: and GREAT JOB
default_yes.gif
: Annie!! Corinne

[SIZE=14pt]congrats! :aktion033: , what a beautiful baby. so glad everything went well
default_yes.gif
: , Nikki
[/SIZE]

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: on your little cutie!!

we still don't even have a bag yet on our last one who was due in April :ugh: and since we picked her up in Texas on May 5, i KNOW she is overdue
default_wacko.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]Julie, what a cutie!!
default_wub.png
: Congratulations! I love those long legs.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Are those freckles on Momma and baby's noses??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Julie, what a cutie!!
default_wub.png
: Congratulations! I love those long legs.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Are those freckles on Momma and baby's noses??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]
Nope - flies! :eek: After the pictures we put some skin so soft on their faces - which actually did help...

default_wub.png
: Viva is so Furry & Pretty ..... she has such a beautiful coat.

I love her name too
default_yes.gif
: Happy everything went well .....did Annie invite you guys to the birth ?

Is Vernon the Daddy?

default_wub.png
: Viva is so Furry & Pretty ..... she has such a beautiful coat.

I love her name too
default_yes.gif
: Happy everything went well .....did Annie invite you guys to the birth ?

Is Vernon the Daddy?

Elvis is the daddy and No Annie did it sometime between 12-1 am LOL Sneaky little thing
default_yes.gif
:

I hope this doesn't sound like a pretty dumb question...but I finally want to ask! I have been agonizing over wanting a mini donkey in my life for years...but, instead of having lots of spare money laying around, I decided to quit my job and stay home with my son when he was born. he's now 5, and will be going to school this fall!

Anyway...that photo, of the beautiful mom and absolutely ADORABLE baby....the mom is really sleek, do they eventually shed out that way, or do they need to be clipped? I did go see a donkey for sale this past week, and she was not well shed out AT ALL, but I didn't ask. Then you look, on this same post, at the photo below, shows one pretty shaggy donkey. Do they need help sleeking up like that mom is?

I was thinking yes, they were clipped, and wishing I hadn't sold my Oster bodyclipping clippers this year.... because someday I WILL have that adorable donkey of my own....

So please, do tell, and hope ya don't laugh! This donkey I went to see this week had a lot of hair on her forehead, and going down from her eyes to her nose...and she really didn't look very nice at all. I'm just wondering if they look nice like that momma above on their own or with help!?

Angie
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Angie,

Not a stupid question at all! We do not clip ours - usually by June/July the look sleek and shiny - but during the shed out they look shagy
default_wacko.png
: My Vernon tends to be really shaggy and always looks mangy when he sheds but the one and only time I tried to clip he was a basket case - so I just let them go and shed on there own. They do tend shed a little better with a good grooming every so often - I just can't do it daily so twice a week is what mine get - I know Kari was spending a lot of time with Annie before the baby just grooming her - so I guess she has that new mommy glow LOL. By September they do start fuzzing up again.

I hope that helps...

Latest posts

Back